• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    With it being 2018 now(pretty much) and everything going auto was wondering what is the best manual case trimmer set up in your opinion? I'm trying to get accessories for reloading and prefer manual stuff. Figure if I start with the small pieces then by the time I get the press I'll be able to jump in. Also do they make manual tumblers?

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    I have been using Forster original trimmer for years and like it.

Dont have much experience with other brand trimmers besides the Lee hand trimming set-up i used when i first started reloading.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I have used the Lyman trimmer. It works fine as long as you aren’t doing a lot of brass. It can get tiresome. I am hoping my days of that one are over. Yesterday I used gift cards and Cabela’s points and got a Frankford Arsenal Platinum trim center.

Sagamore - One

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Near Bippus
    I use a Forster for the bulk of my trimming. Just remove the crank and chuck up an electric drill for larger quantities. Quick, handy, and precise.
    For extreme precision the Wilson trimmer comes out, but only for extreme precision.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    1. Just get a world's finest trimmer the first time. You will want one later. I can trim 1000 223 cases with a wft in the time I can trim 100 by hand.

The new wft version 2 allows trimming multiple calibers fwiw.

2. By manual tumbler you mean hand crank? You must not value your time. Get a vibratory tumbler. Preferably in with a solid too and not vented. This keeps dust down when using walnut media because of the jewelers rouge that is added in from lyman.

thephasdin4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    Terre Haute
    My buddy uses Lymans manual trimmer to good effects. For me I use Frankford Arsenal trim/prep station that automates the process and make life easy. Not to most precise, but it beats other still attachment systems out there

Top Bottom