• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I'm playing with 147 gr. 9mm for reloading. Wondering if Berry's or Rainier's plated bullets are THAT much better than, say, RMR. Berry's certainly is pricier, but wondering if the quality is that much higher?

RMR has always seemed to be a good deal to me...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Never used the rmr bullets but just did a quick look on their site and price was $31 for 250. Ive been getting the Berrys at cabelas when in sale for under $20 per 250. Have had no issues with the Berrys or Xtreme plated bullets thus far, but only have been reloading for a little over a year

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am a huge fan of RMR as I have posted here before. I love their bullets and their service. Subscribe to their mailing list and get coupons all the time, usually in the 10% off range with free shipping.

I also buy Xtreme, but I like to give RMR my money when possible. They bullets arrive 2 days after placing the order, and he has some really great bullets.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    I've used Xtreme, Berry's, and Rainer. No noticable difference betwen them. For not a lot more you can get actual FMJ bullets from Rainer. I haven't personally tested the RMR bullets yet but I hear good things and they are an excellent company.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I'm another fan of RMR bullets. I don't find their prices to be bad when ordering in bulk, theyre shipping is extremely fast, and their bullets are top notch. I've used the 124gr 9mm and 55gr 223 and have never had issues.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've used xtreme, Berry's, and Rainer. Of the three, I think Rainer is the better bullet but you probably won't be able to tell (Rainer seems to be swaged better and has a concave base that might help with gas sealing--IDK). I recovered a Rainer deformed bullet from a bowling pin once and no where did the plating come off even though it was crumpled in one spot.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    The RMR and X-Treme are heavy plated IMO better plated than Berry or Rainer, With that said I've shot thousands of all of them they all work great. Look at coated bullets they run good too . The Blue Bullets and SNS Casting I have had great luck with too. I'll run whatever I can get the best deal on.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I have never seen Berry's or Xtreme on sale that would take them below RMR prices. That being said, I've ordered a lot from RMR and always find them quick to ship, with a good product.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We stock and use Berry's at our shop.
    I've tried to get some RMR in the shop, but even though I personally know Jacob and Ryan....I can't seem to get any pricing from then, lol. I'll have to low them some crap next week at SHOT.

X-Treme will never see another dollar of ours....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We stock and use Berry's at our shop.
    I've tried to get some RMR in the shop, but even though I personally know Jacob and Ryan....I can't seem to get any pricing from then, lol. I'll have to low them some crap next week at SHOT.

X-Treme will never see another dollar of ours....

Care to elaborate?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Product quality, customer service, and business ethics are all sub-standard.

Had zero issues out of their product. Only have used 9mm 124gr and i buy them at Cabelas so dont have to worry about slow shipping. Granted i have only been reloading for a little over a year and have only used 1k of the xtreme bullets, so not much to base my opinion off of.

Top Bottom