• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    I used to buy Perfecta ammo all the time at walmart by the case and recently it has disappeared off the shelves. It was cheap and solid range/ plinking ammo. I know that Perfecta is Fiocchi- made ammo, imported by Tula with some kind of exclusive deal with Walmart. Did the source just dry up? A buddy of mine is a sporting goods manager at Walmart and he used to give me a discount on it when it was available. He told me that it's not even in his order system anymore. anyone else noticed this? Or is this just a regional thing?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Walmart seems to do this sort of thing a lot anymore...and not just with sporting goods. There's a number of grocery items our family would come to like and then, all of a sudden one day--POOF!--no more. At first, it'd be the spot on the shelf is empty for extended periods of time and then, finally something else fills the spot.

My guess is whatever deal Walmart has with that particular item has expired and then one party or the other has decided not to renew said deal.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Perfecta is made in Italy by Fiocchi. All I can find online is that it is being discontinued. No reason why. Perfecta ran good in my handguns.

Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    I bought the Perfecta 50 round .223 boxes whenever in stock. I couldn't even buy it cheaper online for brass cased .223.

Exactly. I could by 50rd boxes of brass cased .223 perfecta for cheaper than steel case tula or wolf. I was good stockpile ammo cause I could get it cheap. I ran hot but never had issues out of it. I shot it in .223 and 9mm very frequently.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The 9mm worked fine for me in various guns and was a good price. Any time I went in and saw they had a large stock of it, it was all gone just a couple of days later. It must be that they couldn't get the same price again or something because I rarely saw it sitting on the shelves for long.

Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    The 9mm worked fine for me in various guns and was a good price. Any time I went in and saw they had a large stock of it, it was all gone just a couple of days later. It must be that they couldn't get the same price again or something because I rarely saw it sitting on the shelves for long.

I would clean them out of .223 and 9mm pretty much every time that my local walmart had it in stock. I imagine that lots of people had the same idea. its rare that you find good ammo that is both consistent AND affordable. My buddy worked the sporting goods dept. and would give me 10% off. I could get 50 rounds of .223 for something like $11 and $8 and change for a box of 50 in 9mm. That's cheaper than most online sources.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would clean them out of .223 and 9mm pretty much every time that my local walmart had it in stock. I imagine that lots of people had the same idea. its rare that you find good ammo that is both consistent AND affordable. My buddy worked the sporting goods dept. and would give me 10% off. I could get 50 rounds of .223 for something like $11 and $8 and change for a box of 50 in 9mm. That's cheaper than most online sources.
    Yep, though now you can get the Federal 100 round packs for a good price. Comparable if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was in Dick's and noticed that they had a store brand "Field and Stream" series of ammo boxes. Some was made in Italy, so I figured it was Fiocchi. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, though.

Another box (can't remember which caliber was from where) was from Croatia.

I post here because it made me wonder if some of the ammo manufacturers had shifted away from exclusive deals and were able to fulfill multiple re-branded companies.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I was in Dick's and noticed that they had a store brand "Field and Stream" series of ammo boxes. Some was made in Italy, so I figured it was Fiocchi. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, though.

Another box (can't remember which caliber was from where) was from Croatia.

I post here because it made me wonder if some of the ammo manufacturers had shifted away from exclusive deals and were able to fulfill multiple re-branded companies.

I don't shop at Dick's, so I hadn't seen or heard about their Field & Stream ammo. Being made in Croatia, it's probably made by HS Produckt. See here:

https://www.croatiaweek.com/first-ammunition-factory-to-be-built-in-croatia/

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    None of Indianapolis Walmart’s I’ve been to have them. Got 2 boxes and ran just fine through my moms G2. Federal Aluminum case is another option. 50rd box of 9mm for 9.97. But really got my attention was federal Aluminum case prices for 40 s&w. 200rds for $53!

i also got some Winchester white box jhp for $20 for 9mm and $22 for 40. Both 50 rd count boxes. Going back to get more!

Top Bottom