Best bulk 9mm bullets, where do you buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Am going to start reloading in large volume for 9mm and would like some feed back on what is a good bullet to buy in bulk of 1k-4k, but wish a little feed back before I buy. Has anyone any experience with bullets from Everglades ammo? Or other bulk suppliers? I already have huge numbers of primers and brass, all I need is a like number of bullets.

Thanks,
    Art.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I like xtreme bullets. Cabelas has them on sale right now with free shipping and a rebate for free brass cases. Not going to beat that anywhere.

JMitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2015
    Greenwood
    It depends on your preference. I have used SNS casting, Everglades, Precision Delta, Berry’s, and Xtreme with good success. Coated like SNS provides good accuracy and cost but requires good reloading practices to avoid leading. Plated is more forgiving but slightly less accurate. Jacketed is accurate but expensive and usually requires more powder. Many competition shooters are using coated. I am a practical pistol shooter a bullseye shooter may have different views.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I have used Rainier and Xtreme. Both have been fine, but the Xtreme bullets seem to be a little nicer for the money.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I like xtreme bullets. Cabelas has them on sale right now with free shipping and a rebate for free brass cases. Not going to beat that anywhere.
    X-treme is my go to twice a year when the best sales are on. How did I miss the brass rebate??? Thanks Sniper79 for mentioning it. I just sent in for three hundred free pieces of brass and printed off some extra rebate forms for later since it's good till December of this year.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    X-treme is my go to twice a year when the best sales are on. How did I miss the brass rebate??? Thanks Sniper79 for mentioning it. I just sent in for three hundred free pieces of brass and printed off some extra rebate forms for later since it's good till December of this year.

No problem. Got to milk the deals and get the most for your money.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Save your money throughout the year and stock up on extreme during their Black Friday sale. I just found out about them last year, donthey have their sale twice a year?

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    I use blue bullets. They are coated bullets with a proprietary coating. I have tried the hitek, plated, and jacketed. They are a little more difficult to load than jacketed. But I have found that they are the most accurate bullet I have loaded. This goes for 9mm and .40/10mm. Also I have got zero leading with the blue bullets. I do load 115gr major (1470fps) and 124gr for my carbine. I got some leading with the hitek bullets (especially in the carbine using titegroup) but zero leading with the blue! Something to consider with coated bullets.

I have ordered some 124gr everglades fmj and the all mic'd at .3535" and gave me big problems with neck tension. I had to get the lyman m type expander and the Lee u sizing die just to load these bullets. The hitek (bayou) mic at .3565-.3570 and the blue are right at .3550. Ive had ok results from plated bullets but not as accurate as the coated. And just about as difficult to load. So I ruled out the plated!

Just some feedback from my experience from the last two years of trying to find an inexpensive but accurate bullet for competition. Others may have different results.

Btw the blue bullets are just about the cheapest as well! If you buy in bulk, you can get their 115gr for 6.3 cents per bullet! Shipped!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Save your money throughout the year and stock up on extreme during their Black Friday sale. I just found out about them last year, donthey have their sale twice a year?

Exactly how I do. Can't be beat on quality or price, free shipping and free brass. No need to shop around. Buy cheap and stack deep fellas. Stuff only goes up in price.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The chamfer I mentioned... SNS on the right, BBI on the left. Both 125gr RN.

The chamfer makes placing the bullet much faster and more consistent without over-belling the brass.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Exactly how I do. Can't be beat on quality or price, free shipping and free brass. No need to shop around. Buy cheap and stack deep fellas. Stuff only goes up in price.

when is the semi-annual sale that has been mentioned a couple times? I'm looking to get some more boolets and don't want to miss it. The brass deal is decent, but I don't need more brass at the moment

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    X-treme without a doubt. Catch them on sale with free shipping and you are way ahead of the game as far as cost of reloading goes. With the right purchases of primers and powder your cost per box of 50 9mm drops down to less that $6 a box. Can’t beat that anywhere. Best of luck!

Top Bottom