• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    And I like it. It is the Lee Deluxe 4 hole turret that I bought used with a bunch of accessories such as double disk and micrometer powder measure, 9mm die set, two extra plates, and 4 primer trays for $85.00. Just got it set up and loaded some 9mm. So much quicker than my single stage.
    Not a bad deal for what I paid.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Congratulations! I have a Lee Classic Turret press (not sure how that differs from the "Deluxe"), and I use it for load development and lot of other stuff even though I have a large progressive press for cranking out ammo.

You are going to love that press, especially considering the great deal you got!

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Great deal on a great press. I used the same one for years before recently getting into progressives. Even with a 550 and 650 on the bench, the Lee Turret is still mounted and used for small batches and load development. Easy as can be!

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Congratulations! I have a Lee Classic Turret press (not sure how that differs from the "Deluxe")...

IIRC the Classic has a cast iron base/body and the Deluxe was alloy. I say was cause didn't LEE replace the Deluxe with the Value (smaller steel base) turret press for 2018? Regardless LEE turret presses are a very good value.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I use mine manually for load development. I like it a lot. Quick switch to another caliber and the dies stay set.

Mortblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    I bought a Lee 3 hole turret press back in the mid-1980s and it is still on the bench today being used constantly. More than 30 years of trouble free service. No way to know how many thousand rounds have been cranked out by that press, but for years I was shooting a minimum 1K per week just in .45 and .38.

I went to the Turret press after buying a progressive and finding myself working on the press more than cranking out ammo.

I also like to hand seat my primers and the 3 hole press works great for that since I can resize and decap on the single stage, then re-prime by hand. I move to the turret press with the powder through expander die, seating die, and factory crimp die for a finished round faster than it takes to say the words.

Go ahead and buy some extra plastic rotation buttons, they wear out every couple thousand rounds, and if you load more than one caliber get some extra turrets. You will need one for each caliber and a couple extra for general press operations. I have one disk set up with Lee punch through cast bullet resizing dies and another set up with Lee "universal" factory crimp dies for short and long rifle cases and one empty spot to move rifle bullet seating dies of whatever caliber I am reloading.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I've lost track of how many 9 mm I've made with mine. Never got a single stage - after lots of reading I went straight for the turret and never regretted it. Now most of the 9 mm is made on the Loadmaster and the turret is mostly for rifle load development - currently .308 165 grain BTSP H4895 deer rounds.

Good choice, good price.

Top Bottom