• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    We had a Dr's appt in Carmel on Monday. Since Cabela's in Noblesville sale was still going on I decided to go there after the appt, fondle a handgun, and get 4lbs of titegroup, 1 lb of Accurate #5 and maybe a box of Xtreme 9mm. That would total around $133.
    Well, forget getting to the gun counter (not the two gentlemen's fault at the counter) as Cabela's must follow the minimalist employment strategy of every other retail establishment these days and I did not have 30 to 45 minutes to stand around waiting to handle a gun I am only mildly interested in.
    After trying to find the powder, etc, I asked a clerk/associate (whatever they call them these days) if I could get a 4lb container of Titegroup. He looked it up in the computer and said they did not have it. That was what I really went there for, but okay, how about 1lb of Accurate #5? He said they had that and went in the back to get it. Five to ten minutes later he returned with it (can't leave it out on the counter, only empties on the display shelves). I then asked him to show me where the 9mm Xtreme projectiles were. He did. Sold out.
    SO..... a slight waste of time for me but about $110 loss of sale for them.
    They won't hold items for more than a day. Shipping to home incurs a hazmat fee. I won't randomly travel up there from Bloomington for any of their sales but do travel through Carmel often enough for it to be a side stop. About once a year they have S&B primers for a good price but I can't just drop everything to be there on opening sale day. I asked if I can order online to be held there and the answer was "no."
    Any ideas on catching some of their deals in this situation?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Buy online and ship to store. I think you get 21 days to pick it up. As an aside, powder is on the shelf up here.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    NOPE:
    The following item(s) cannot be shipped to a store.

• Hodgdon® Smokeless Powder
    You must ship these items to an address other than a Cabela's store.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Buy online and ship to store. I think you get 21 days to pick it up. As an aside, powder is on the shelf up here.

Agreed. Cabelas up here in NWI(Hammond) has the powder and bullets right on the shelf. Hit porter county gun show thia weekend and powder prices for titegroup were $5 a pound higher, so hit Cabelas Sunday and got a couple pounds, threw it in the cart, walked around for awhile, me and the daughter had some ice cream, then checked out. Easy peasy up north!

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    If your in noblesville looking for powder, you would probably have everything you needed by going to Indiana Gun Club. They stock tons of powder and primers cheaper than just about everyone. They are about 10 minutes away from Cabelas too.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    NOPE:
    The following item(s) cannot be shipped to a store.

• Hodgdon® Smokeless Powder
    You must ship these items to an address other than a Cabela's store.

You can still check online to see if a particular powder is in stock at a particular store. There is a drop down tab to select your store below the add to cart button.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    If your in noblesville looking for powder, you would probably have everything you needed by going to Indiana Gun Club. They stock tons of powder and primers cheaper than just about everyone. They are about 10 minutes away from Cabelas too.
    . Being from Bloomington, I had not thought of that. I'll look them up.

You can still check online to see if a particular powder is in stock at a particular store. There is a drop down tab to select your store below the add to cart button.
    . Yes, but driving an hour or two out of the defeats the savings. Bowling Green KY has limited supply but down and back plus gas...no way. I will check Noblesville stock first next time as well as look into IGC and Bobcat. Thanks to all.

Jagermeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Shelby
    Cabela's went to the wayside when they went Public with their stock. Put them farther in the hole. Selling boats, ATV's, Landscaping equipment was a mistake. I think that beside their retail stores they should have had wholesale sales especially in the firearms industry. Their used guns prices limit sales with higher than normal pricing. I could go on and on with no avail.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Traildust Surplus in Bloomington has a large assortment of powder. The prices might be a few $ higher, but you will spend a whole lot more in gas going up to the Indy area. And waste a lot of time too.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I’m always late to the party when it comes to Cabela’s. I’ll see something online that I like, but go to look for my size or color and it’s sold out. They have free shipping over $50 right now so you could try ordering the bullets online. I didn’t know that powder isn’t on display at Noblesville, I’ve only been to the Dundee store.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Living near the Hammond store and having been to the Noblesville store several times including this past weekend I am not impressed with Noblesville. I go onto the gun library looking for anything interesting and they are WAY overpriced. At least I can occasionally find a decent deal on a used firearm in Hammond and can also just grab a container of powder off the shelf. The sale items I look for is almost always in stock. The only thing I've seen in Noblesville was musket caps one time. The store up here had no idea what they were.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Agreed. Cabelas up here in NWI(Hammond) has the powder and bullets right on the shelf. Hit porter county gun show thia weekend and powder prices for titegroup were $5 a pound higher, so hit Cabelas Sunday and got a couple pounds, threw it in the cart, walked around for awhile, me and the daughter had some ice cream, then checked out. Easy peasy up north!

This is strange because I asked a clerk one time why Noblesville Cabelas didn't have powder out on the shelf for me to pick up. He said that "regulations" on storage of powder prevent them from setting the containers out on retail shelves. Kind of disappointing because I do like going into a store and picking up what I want right off the shelf.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington

Traildust Surplus in Bloomington has a large assortment of powder. The prices might be a few $ higher, but you will spend a whole lot more in gas going up to the Indy area. And waste a lot of time too.
    I do support Traildust Surplus. Nice folks. Got my last pound of powder there among other things in the past.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I live near Hammond store. Shopping there sucks. They have better deals on-line. Gun counter upstairs is a joke!

They do have great sales. I pretty much exclusively buy from them. Buy on-line and make a run for hazmat items.Can always get a sale coupled with free shipping and pay with points.

Right now xtreme is on sale, free shipping and rebate for free brass. Stack deep!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I live near Hammond store. Shopping there sucks. They have better deals on-line. Gun counter upstairs is a joke!

They do have great sales. I pretty much exclusively buy from them. Buy on-line and make a run for hazmat items.Can always get a sale coupled with free shipping and pay with points.

Right now xtreme is on sale, free shipping and rebate for free brass. Stack deep!
    I recently found out about the rebate. It started last year so I got out my receipts and sent in for 300 pcs of brass (3x rebates). With Fathers day coming up Xtreme usually runs 15% off and free shipping so I am waiting for that sale.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I've never been to a Cabela's. I've been wanting to head up to Nobletucky and check out their new store there. Nice thing, can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, because, I understand there is a Duluth Trading Store right across the street. Never been to one of those either. I live on the Westside, so, it's not THAT far away, it's just, I don't like driving up in that mess. :dunno:lol

Top Bottom