• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Anyone have any preferences for .223/5.56 factory loads out of a 10.5” carbine gas pistol? I bought some American Eagle XM193 to get started, but wouldn’t mind switching over to something that performs better out of a short barrel. I thought I might get a couple boxes of he Hornady Black SBR Interlock to see how much difference I notice, but it’s a little pricey for practice and plinking.

I’ve not gotten into hand-loading quite yet, but that would certainly give me much more in the way of options.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    There was a thread on this a few months back I think. IIRC the 64 grain Gold Dot was one of the best performers. I'm not sure where the thread is right now, I've been meaning to look it up again. My BCM 11.5" is due to be delivered tomorrow so I've been thinking about ammo as well.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I started a thread on this months ago. The consensus is heavier ammo is better for a shorter barrel. 77 grain maybe.

MrWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2018
    Indianapolis
    There was a thread on this a few months back I think. IIRC the 64 grain Gold Dot was one of the best performers. I'm not sure where the thread is right now, I've been meaning to look it up again. My BCM 11.5" is due to be delivered tomorrow so I've been thinking about ammo as well.

This one?

Good read. Doesn’t seem like there is any kind of consensus (wouldn’t be a gun forum otherwise), but interesting reading overall.

Top Bottom