• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I have a Glock 43 that I haven't gotten around to carry but I was wondering since it's obviously much smaller than my EDC, which is a G19, does someone make a good defensive round for a small gun like that?

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I had the same question last September. My EDC is a G19, I bought a G43 and an ankle holster while attending my sons wedding. The HST sounds like what the dealer I got the 43 from recommended. Now that I think about it I don't think I ever shot the 43. I bought my wife the G42 a few years back and it wouldn't cycle reliable because of limp wrist. I ended up getting her a G43 too. Hers seams to cycle everything ok. Now I need to get off my but and shoot mine.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    I have four Rohrbaugh's, smallest, lightest 9mm EVER made. Because of the size they recommend ONLY using standard pressure ammo because of the stress it can put on the slide with +P or +P+ ammo. I use Winchester JHP.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Standard 147 gr HST works fine and passes FBI specs out of 3" barrels and up.

This is what I was advised a few years back, when I got my first G43. Also that +P loadings only add recoil, not bullet performance.

My experience is that heavy for caliber bullets make for the softest recoil in most all 9mm guns. My 140gr reloads seem to shoot the same as 147gr HST's.

When shooting for accuracy, in my hands, it is very difficult for me to tell the difference between the G43, G19 and G34. :twocents:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN

This exactly. I carry this round in my G17, G19, and G43. And as BehindBlueI's stated it passes FBI specs in micro's.

It is also very affordable. I wait for deals (which are often) for 50 rounds for 20 bucks shipped. MassAmmo and BoneFrogClub often run deals with free shipping. Just keep an eye out.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

This is also what I went with, and thanks to another INGO member's recommendation, I paid about 25% of what the Micro's cost. After watching the gel test, it does not make sense to pay all the extra for the Micro 150 grain.

Top Bottom