• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    has anybody noticed 6.5 grendel brass and ammo getting scarce or am i just paranoid Ive seen some expensive brass but nothing reasonable or local

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/search?SearchTerm=grendel

That's the best place to get brass. Ammo around here is scarce because not many people use the caliber. I personally think it's one of the best mid range ones around. I just bought 200 rounds of american gunner and have around 200 combined rounds of black, sst, and federal gold medal. Use ammo seek and buy online.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have a small amount that you are welcome to if you get around the Carmel/Noblesville area. If interested, I can count it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Your best bet right now is to just buy loaded Hornady Black rounds. The Hornady brass holds up well.

That's what ive been doing as well. Cabelas is having a sale on the Hornady black starting tomorrow. 20% off making it $17.59 a box in 6.5 grendel, which isnt to shabby, especially when most places are wanting $40 for 50 pieces of Hornady brass then add shipping and its over $1 a piece. I'll buy the loaded ammo and then have decent quality brass for reloading.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I gave $45 for 100 Hornady brass from midsouth shooter supply.

Yeah i have seen it there. $43 per 100 but shipping kind of kills it for me. Makes it $51 and some change. Id rather buy loaded ammo and just save the brass for not a whole lot more. The shipping kills most the deals out there.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Sportsman warehouse. It’s not in stock all the time but has been available a lot lately. 200round ammo can for $140 shipped to your door.

Excellent. Thanks. I ordered 200 rounds this morning. $140 shipped isnt to shabby at all. Havent used the American Gunner line before. If it shoots as accurate as the Black, this will be my new go to for ammo.
    Thanks again
    :+1:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Excellent. Thanks. I ordered 200 rounds this morning. $140 shipped isnt to shabby at all. Havent used the American Gunner line before. If it shoots as accurate as the Black, this will be my new go to for ammo.
    Thanks again
    :+1:

Not nearly as accurate as Black, but it is good enough for 100 yard hunting purposes.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Not nearly as accurate as Black, but it is good enough for 100 yard hunting purposes.

Sounds good. Probably use this as my plinking/target ammo then. Figure its better to buy the loaded rounds to run for target practice and have decent once fired brass for really just a little more than buying new brass.

Anyone tried fire or water forming 7.62×39 into 6.5 grendel brass?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Water forming? I'm listening.

I had seen a quick video of it and im still not 100% sure how they did it. Wasnt overly precise in the steps. Guy put paper in primer pocket then hot glued it shut. Filled case with water then stuck something down case neck, tapped a few times then ran it thru the press. Dont know why or what he used to tap down the case and im assuming he than ran thru 6.5 die but the video doesnt say for sure. Havent looked into any further since i seen that. Maybe search some more this weekend and see what i can find

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana

I'd agree with this as well, but it honestly depends on the rifle. A lot of mixed reviews with some people shooting sub MOA and others a 2-3. I haven't shot my Grendel since Christmas and trying to get started building my 2nd.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sounds good. Probably use this as my plinking/target ammo then. Figure its better to buy the loaded rounds to run for target practice and have decent once fired brass for really just a little more than buying new brass.

Anyone tried fire or water forming 7.62×39 into 6.5 grendel brass?

I'd not heard of using 7.62x39, but have heard of using 6.8 SPC brass (which is probably more rare than the Grendel).

Top Bottom