• ...and so much more!
  • t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    So there I am, happily reloading some 38 Specials, when my Safety Prime stops feeding primers.......wth?? Turns out the return spring on the Safety Prime "shoe" broke on one of the elbows. I had a second "shoe" so I mounted it to the arm and continued on my merry way.
    Later on I gave Lee a call about it. To be honest I was expecting the standard " it's a wear item, so you're SOL". A very nice lady answered the phone on the second ring, and after some investigating, she found that they now have a improved return spring and a little heavier plunger spring that they are using. Well guess what showed up 4 days later...new springs for 2 shoes...free of charge. I can't complain.
    Here's the differences:

Safety Prime spring difference.jpg

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Wow, Lee CS has always been polite and responsive when I've called them, but they usually required that the broken part be returned for a discounted price.

Kudos to Lee

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Good for Lee. I have a Lee Classic turret press and some dies from them. I'll be the first to admit they're not flashy or fancy, but their stuff works plenty well for all of my handgun loads and my .300blk loads.

I used their website to track down a small piece (a small primer arm) and from the website, they sent it out for free. I may have had to pay shipping, I can't remember. BTW their website is not very smooth, but it works.

I'll continue to use Lee, even if I buy a fancier progressive press down the road.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    I had a great experience with lee cs. The pin in my decapping die broke (definitely my fault). I called, sent back the broken one, received brand new one. No questions asked. Very happy with lee. Not the fanciest, but easy to use, great cs and great price.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Try ordering replacement parts for it off their website. Think you're going to spend a ton...but end up just paying shipping...parts are free.

Glad you had good luck. I never had any complaints even though I've moved on to blue now.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I had a great experience with lee cs. The pin in my decapping die broke (definitely my fault). I called, sent back the broken one, received brand new one. No questions asked. Very happy with lee. Not the fanciest, but easy to use, great cs and great price.

Same situation, same experience......great customer service

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    In all honesty, all reloading manufacturers have about the same customer service. I'm yet to have an issue that hasn't been taken care of fast and free. As a matter of fact recently argued with a cs rep from RCBS over replacement of a small part because I wanted 3 or 4 replacements to keep on hand and they were happy to send them but wouldn't accept any payment. Had a similar experience with Hornady a couple years ago also.

mo381

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Cass County
    I have broke a couple decapping pins, first time replaced free under warranty, I paid shipping. Second one broke one same die a couple week s later. I decided to order two so I had a spare. I ordered online and they only charged me for one. So far pleased with the customer service and shipping is quick.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Nice that they took care of you! Looks like they've been really good to a few of you actually.
    I bought some dies and the sizing die was jacked up and not working properly left scratches all up and down the case especially down the neck to the shoulder. The guy acted as if it was user error and that I could buy another one or something. They were only $30 so I just bought a better set from another company (like I probably should have) and I've still got the junk set sitting, I simply chalked it up as a lesson learned.
    I was not impressed with the customer service but it may have just the guy I dealt with. I think I may try their CS again, it's been probably 2 years or so since I contacted them about it though.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I had my autodisk powder hopper screws strip out. They let me order 4 more for free. Great service.

Top Bottom