• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Nothing dire, but I’m noticing SPP primers are often out of stock. S&B have been backordered from Cabelas for about a month, with another month before expected arrival. Don’t hear me wrong, I can still find them. I’m just surprised they seem to be in shorter supply as if recent. Anyone else noticing?

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Not really, but I also have a decent inventory at the moment. Probably will pick up another 1000 when I get the chance. My quick shows that Cabelas has CCI SPP in stock.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    SPP are always the ones that are hard to find for me (also cci 450 - can never find these). I like the cci primer so that makes it even more difficult to stock up. I do not buy these online because of the hazmat fee. But i am thinking of doing it the next time one of the online vendors has a no hazmat deal on a large orders (usually $150). I will just stock up on all my needs and call it a day for a while.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Primer availability is better right now than it has been in the last 9 years. Learn to buy in volume and you'll be better off. As an example, when you spread the hazmat fee over an order of 50,000 it becomes much more manageable and the best part is, shortages become much more manageable also. Besides, buying in volume usually yields a much cheaper price to begin with. Save your money until you can afford to lay it out in larger chunks.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Cabelas just ran a sale on those S&B primers. Thats why they are tapped.

I would agree I have been seeing loading supplies like never before available all over. Tis the time to fill your basement for future panic selling,trading, shooting....

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Kimball at Bobcat Steel always has primers in stock. He also stocks a bunch of reloading powder and supplies. He's never not had what I was looking for. Best thing is your supporting a local small business.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Nothing dire, but I’m noticing SPP primers are often out of stock. S&B have been backordered from Cabelas for about a month, with another month before expected arrival. Don’t hear me wrong, I can still find them. I’m just surprised they seem to be in shorter supply as if recent. Anyone else noticing?

I have bought about 50k S&B primers from Cabelas since 2014, they really sell them cheap all the time. I think I got down to $14/k few times with coupons and giftcards. You can buy giftcards at 80 cents on a dollar off ebay.

Indiana Gun Club near Geist always has plenty in stock and great prices on powders. 1500 gunshow is another place to go.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Kimball at Bobcat Steel always has primers in stock. He also stocks a bunch of reloading powder and supplies. He's never not had what I was looking for. Best thing is your supporting a local small business.

Make sure you call or message him on FB before you make the haul if you arent local. I've been burned several times on the 40 minute round trip because he was out of what I wanted. (not his fault, I should have checked before I hit the road and not assumed)

Ive also been the cause of the outage; my last trip when I picked up the case of custom loads he put together for me (They are AWESOMESAUCE) I grabbed his last box of CCI small pistol primers. (pretty sure he ordered more immediately, to his credit)

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I just bought some Winchester’s at Cabelas today. They’re still out of S&B and no CCI’s on the shelf.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's worth subscribing to the different sites that put out sales frequently. Brownells just had 1 cent hazmat/free shipping Tuesday.

I wasn't gonna buy anything, but at the last minute sprung for a case of SRP's. In my case, I believe they'll work for either small rifle or small pistol. Regardless, I shoot a fair amount of both.

Couldn't help but notice, on Brownell's pricing anyway, both Winchester and CCI SRP's were $15 a case cheaper than SPP's. :dunno:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Steady stream of CCI of all flavors in stock here at the shop....Federals are hit/miss...Winchester are available, but slow movers.

You can check inventory on the site and place an order for in store pick up if you are worried about availability.
    Primers - Bobcat Armament

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I am getting back into reloading .38 special for Cowboy Action Shooting, which is dominated by Federal primers. I called and drove all over Indy trying to find Federal SPP in stock. No such thing. I ended up ordering 4K from Cabelas to make the $30 hazmat fee not quite so bad.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I am getting back into reloading .38 special for Cowboy Action Shooting, which is dominated by Federal primers. I called and drove all over Indy trying to find Federal SPP in stock. No such thing. I ended up ordering 4K from Cabelas to make the $30 hazmat fee not quite so bad.

Should have called us....could have saved you the effort. We will have some later this week.

Top Bottom