• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfarmerk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What powder will flow well through a powder measure and give good accuracy at the range? I'm using Hornady 180 HAP bullets. I have been using W231 for most of my pistol ammo and I'm considering an alternative. I'm curious what powder others are using. Any recommendations?

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I have been using HS6 and it's all that I havebised for the last 10 years but I am switching over to Longshot after I burn through the last pound of HS6. HS6 meters very will through my Dillon.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am using WST, but I am loading to a long COAL of 1.180".

VV N320 is a great choice as well, but pricey.

Alliant's new Sport Pistol is interesting to me, but have not tried any yet, although I plan on picking up a pound later today to check it out.

Titegroup seems to be popular as well, but I have never tried it with .40, although it is my go-to with 9mm.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I don't use a powder measure, so I don't know how these would flow in one, but I use Universal for mid-range loads and Power Pistol for near-max loads. I never load up to maximum.

kfarmerk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for your opinions everyone. I’m partial to Hodgdon, so I gave them a phone call and talked with one of their technical guys. Mike recommended Titegroup, which is what he has used for years. The primary reason that it is not position sensitive in the case. I think I’ll give this one a try for myself.

Top Bottom