• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I started out loading 40S&W a little over 3 years ago this month and finally hit 2k loaded rounds this evening. There have been a few hiccups in the process, but for the most part I would definitely call it a success. Same recipe that I started with is still going strong today. So far I have kept my empty primer boxes as a way to count my reloads.

How many rounds have each of you loaded? Technically I'm at 2330 after I started 45ACP and 6.5G. Being in my mid 20s I hope to have many years left and many more milestones hit!

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    what kind of equipment are you loading on? That will definitely effect the number of rounds you load at a time. I just added a Dillon 550 to the bench and the expense keeps adding up.... more quick change tool heads and other accessories are on the way and my Visa is screaming for mercy!

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    Been reloading for about 5 years. Have a Dillon 550 and recently acquired a Dillon 650, I load somewhere between 1k and 1.5k a month of various rounds. Have no idea how many I've loaded in total!

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    what kind of equipment are you loading on? That will definitely effect the number of rounds you load at a time. I just added a Dillon 550 to the bench and the expense keeps adding up.... more quick change tool heads and other accessories are on the way and my Visa is screaming for mercy!

My only press has been a Dillon 550. I knew it would eventually pay for itself. So with that knowledge I realize that it isn't all that many rounds, but its been a fun process along the way.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I started out loading 40S&W a little over 3 years ago this month and finally hit 2k loaded rounds this evening. There have been a few hiccups in the process, but for the most part I would definitely call it a success. Same recipe that I started with is still going strong today. So far I have kept my empty primer boxes as a way to count my reloads.

How many rounds have each of you loaded? Technically I'm at 2330 after I started 45ACP and 6.5G. Being in my mid 20s I hope to have many years left and many more milestones hit!
    Congrats on the milestone. Some of us have been at it a bit longer though and have lost track of such numbers. I've done this for over 50 years and nowadays 3,000 45s in a day isn't unheard of. Stick with it and keep learning (I still do) but most of all keep safe.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Congratulations! You are doing great! The most important thing is to make your ammo safely and that they work better than factory ammo, so if that is happening, that you are golden!

I am at about 14K rounds a year nowadays.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I started on a Lee single stage about 15 years ago. Added a used Dillon Square Deal press. Just sold everything I owned and started over including guns.

Consolidation has been great! Running a Dillon 650 now and an RCBS turret off to the side. The 650 helps the time burglar aspect of loading.

No idea on numbers of rounds. Wish I would have started loading sooner. Hurts to think of all the buckets of brass I dumped into the trash years ago when I was shooting four times a week.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I see some of the posters in this thread do not know how many rounds they have loaded. I am in IT and have been detail oriented (anal) for a long time. I started keeping track of how many primers I use. I mark down each time I use 1000 primers. I keep track by large/small and rifle/pistol primers. I total how many I load each year. The data is in a spreadsheet. I also keep track of primer and bullet inventory I have on hand and update that when I finish a box of bullets or primers. I do not have any type of counter.

I suggest you keep track of bullets or primers used and you can keep track of your annual reloading production, as well as inventory if you are so inclined. It may have been interesting to keep track of how many pounds of powder I used too, but did not feel the need at the time.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I see some of the posters in this thread do not know how many rounds they have loaded. I am in IT and have been detail oriented (anal) for a long time. I started keeping track of how many primers I use. I mark down each time I use 1000 primers. I keep track by large/small and rifle/pistol primers. I total how many I load each year. The data is in a spreadsheet. I also keep track of primer and bullet inventory I have on hand and update that when I finish a box of bullets or primers. I do not have any type of counter.

I suggest you keep track of bullets or primers used and you can keep track of your annual reloading production, as well as inventory if you are so inclined. It may have been interesting to keep track of how many pounds of powder I used too, but did not feel the need at the time.

I keep a written log as well as an Excel spreadsheet for every load I make and keep extensive records including any chrony data that I collect. I am pretty anal as well!!!

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008

These numbers are fun and can be interesting but don't amount to much more than that. Load data on the other hand is a different story. One of my manuals was destroyed by water from a broken window during a storm when I was away once. It contained all my personal load data for approximately 8 years. I nearly cried. At that time I had been doing a lot of experimenting with different calibers, guns and loads on top of shooting competitively and practicing to the toon of 50,000 rounds or so a year. No such thing as Excel and the like. Commodore 64 was just becoming available at the time most here wouldn't know anything about that though. :fogey:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Impressive on some of you guys and your record keeping. Loading and shooting is only a fraction of my hobbies. As long as my ammo cans are full and components on the shelf I am good. I don't even hang onto load data.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana

After all of that and you aren't going to say how many you have used!? Haha I just did a pretty good inventory 2 weeks ago and plan on keeping it up to date. Luckily in my case I only have 3 types of primers, powders, and bullets.

Xterminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    I started loading 1yr ago because I got done into competition shooting. Started loading 40 ,then 9, & 45. I run on a 550B Dillon press - excellent by the way- . You self index but I can still run 500rds n hour. So far I've loading over 10k. It's an addiction but I love to shoot.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    Starting reloading in 1975 on a Lyman Spartan press. It is still set up on my reloading bench. Mainly used for working up accuracy loads now. No idea how many rounds I have loaded on it or my Hornady LNL. Just lots of good memories reloading and spending time with my son when he got old enough to help. Best part is shooting up your reloads and repeating the process.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Been doing this for close to 40 years. I have no idea how many rounds I've loaded, PC's and spreadsheet weren't around back then so I never got in the habit. Yeah I'm getting old.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I wish I had kept a record from the early years. I remember my first reloads were 38 special about 1987. I looked up the data, through them together and the next day pulled them apart. In hindsight they would have been fine. Decided to read as much as I could before doing it again. It's not so much the data I regret not having but the story of the journey.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am pretty anal about things. Not only do I keep detailed records, but I also saved the very first round that I made (9mm), and have it displayed on my reloading bench. One of these days, I plan on framing it in a small shadow box! :) Sort of like small businesses do with their first dollar...

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I started reloading shotshells in the late 80's and brass cartridges in the early to mid 90's. I also wish I had kept some records. The components were dirt cheap back then. I have always reloaded way more ammunition than I shoot so I still have about half of everything I have reloaded. Yet somehow I always have a mountain of empty brass. If I could just figure out a way to keep half of the money I make I would be doing very well. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom