• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    How do we offset the pressure exerted by the left. They are most likely not even customers.

A growing number of outdoor stores were blackballing all of vista. REI is named first on a lot the retailers that refused to order from them unless they dropped their firearms. The left probably makes up a large percentage of vista's consumers. Dirty, bearded, flannelled, nature hippies not buying their beanies or bicycles that have huge mark ups probably has a much bigger impact than savages sales numbers.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I know this won’t be a popular opinion, but it’s not a bad move on their part. Savage & Stevens shouldn’t be difficult sales. Both are known names, both should be easy to move to another company that either wants into firearms or is more invested in firearm manufacturing.

Scrilling through the list of brands under the Vista banner, Savage & Stevens are sorta oddballs in the group. Bell, Giro, Blackburn & Jimmy Styks are being sold as well. Probably more to come.

Vista has identified ammunition, hunting/shooting supplies, hydration & outdoor cooking as their four core categories. That doesn’t include manufacturing firearms. I don’t see this as giving into the left. I would expect to see this from a company that grew too large and can’t sustain itself, hence the selling of non-core brands. But I’m an accountant and I tend to view things from the “what’s best for he business” side of things.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    News flash, firearms not overly profitable after market saturation from pre-election-scare and several post-shooting ban-scare sales. While it may have happened without the current environment of virtue signaling, the combination just makes it easier.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    A growing number of outdoor stores were blackballing all of vista. REI is named first on a lot the retailers that refused to order from them unless they dropped their firearms. The left probably makes up a large percentage of vista's consumers. Dirty, bearded, flannelled, nature hippies not buying their beanies or bicycles that have huge mark ups probably has a much bigger impact than savages sales numbers.

Exactly... and what I've found interesting is when Yeti chose to cave to liberal pressure there was outrage among Second Amendment supporters with calls for boycott, yet when Vista caves Second Amendment supporters appear to be remaining complacent. One can say this is apples and oranges, but in the end it's still business decisions influenced by the liberal movement.

Top Bottom