Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Lee factory crimp dies

Anyone know of a shop around Indy that stocks Lee factory crimp dies? Iím looking for pistol calibers specifically. 9mm, 10mm, and 45 ACP specifically.

User Info Menu

Those are all on sale at MidwayUSA for 16.64 each. Shipping is reasonable and they have what you need in stock. Why not just order them?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1011209519/lee-carbide-factory-crimp-die

Last edited by Wolfhound; 05-14-2018 at 10:33.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    Those are all on sale at MidwayUSA for 16.64 each. Shipping is reasonable and they have what you need in stock. Why not just order them?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1011209519/lee-carbide-factory-crimp-die

Beacause im impatient and want to run some rounds through my Dillon to shoot this week. I already saw midway had them on sale and will order them if no one local has them.

User Info Menu

Roger that. Carry on sir.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DocIndy View Post
    Beacause im impatient and want to run some rounds through my Dillon to shoot this week. I already saw midway had them on sale and will order them if no one local has them.
    If I order on Monday morning, things are in my hand Wednesday afternoon between 1 and 3. Hasn't failed over many dollars of product and many years.

User Info Menu

I saw some at Cabela's in Noblesville a month or two ago. Don't remember the calibers. Might want to call before driving out there.
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

User Info Menu

If you load cast or coated bullets that are larger than nominal diameter, do not use the FCD. They size the loaded round and will reduce the size of your bullet. I load my 9mm Sigs with .357" coated bullets. My revolvers use .358" swaged bullets. I do not use FCD for them. Just wanted to let you know, in case you were not aware of the sizing portion of the FCD.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Whip McCord is correct, the Lee factory crimp die with the carbide ring in it base, is nothing more than a cheat for people who do not trim their cases.

Two things you never see, pistol shooters trimming their cases or annealing pistol cases.

A long case will bulge below the crimp and the carbide ring will size the bulge. And it will also size larger diameter cast bullets and cause leading and decreased accuracy.

Bottom line, the Lee FCD is designed for standard diameter jacketed and plated bullets.

User Info Menu

Call Bobcat

I use a factory die for rifle. Never heard of anyone using it for pistol stuff.
    I wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast