• ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    RIP GLOCK 20: I Had a Kaboom - The Truth About Guns

First off, this guy is pretty dang lucky he didn't lose a digit or two, but here's an interesting account (w/ pics) of a Glock 20 having a catastrophic failure.

20161203_134917.jpg

It broke the frame, and cracked the mag all the may down to the base plate.

After a further review, it appears the cause was due to a slightly irregular projectile in a factory loaded 10mm round from Underwood.

It sounds like they stepped up big time to make things right for the owner and took steps to ensure it doesn't happen to anyone else. Overall seems like pretty much the best possible response.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm planning to pick up one of those Tupperware guns, as soon as my Colt Delta is rendered useless along with any other Browning designs I may have.

Just kidding. I'm not really going to pick one up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have not watched the video but seriously.....that had to be a full house load from Underwood. I run those myself but only in full on steel guns. No knock on the Glock wow. He was a vary lucky man.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have not watched the video but seriously.....that had to be a full house load from Underwood. I run those myself but only in full on steel guns. No knock on the Glock wow. He was a vary lucky man.

The projectile was slightly undersized and was forced back into the case when the round was chambered, causing an over pressurized situation.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have no desire to shoot anything bigger than a 9mm anymore. And if I am forced to shoot someone with it in self defense, I'm sure they will have no complaints

Same here. Pretty much sold everything off except a G21. If a good trade offer comes up for a 9mm it's gone.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    not to rain on your parade... wait no I am. That vid's a year and a half old.

Still a good reminder that firearms are channeling quite a bit of energy very specifically and if things don't go well you're going to have a bad day.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    not to rain on your parade... wait no I am. That vid's a year and a half old.

Still a good reminder that firearms are channeling quite a bit of energy very specifically and if things don't go well you're going to have a bad day.

I noticed the date after starting the thread. Still relevant though.

I was mainly pointing out what Underwood did to resolve the issue. It seems like great customer service that should be acknowledged.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I noticed the date after starting the thread. Still relevant though.

I was mainly pointing out what Underwood did to resolve the issue. It seems like great customer service that should be acknowledged.

Agreed, seems like a great response from Underwood, and no passing of the buck to the manufacture of the bullet itself that was a component in their ammo.

The author also made some great points (one's most of us know but sometimes take for granted; i.e. always wear proper eye protection, have a first aid kit, etc).

This was also a great line about the list of ruined items:
    one pair Kirkland Signature boy’s size extra medium underwear.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    justynrhynesr
    Top Bottom