Anyone shoot any Precision Cartridge reloads?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Called Precision Cartridge in Hobart about getting some reloads. They are sold at A&G Supply in Kendallville. Just wandered if anyone has had any experience with them. I have about 1700 9mm casings but where I usually go is to high on there reloads even with exchanging my brass. The Precision is cheaper so thought I might give them a try. Thanks for any info in advance.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I wouldn't hesitate to shoot any of their new ammo. I have used some of their reloaded .45acp and it would not load into my S&W N frame (load up the moon clip and they would not seat in the cylinder) though it would chamber in my 1911s.

I think I'd go with the above sentiment. YMMV.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Thanks NyleRN and Thor for the feedback. Probably keep looking and find a good buy on new bulk ammo. I don't reload because of space issue so I will hold onto my brass for now or maybe see what scrap price is and get rid of it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    In the past I've shot several hundred of their 9mm. Both 115 gr and their 145 gr subs.

I didn't ever have any issues in any of my pistols.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Thanks Tactically Fat. I still might try a couple boxes to see how they are. I don't reload myself so trying to find a place to reload my brass. The price is pretty good on these, just not sure if they do only reloads or new also.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They do new also in many calibers. Ergo my not hesitating to shoot anything they do new. My only issue with their reloads was with the Smith not being able to seat them in the cylinder which I had to assume was a case diameter issue.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Thank you again Thor, and thank you VUPDblue. I'm not sure if A&G sells new or reloads but I will call them tomorrow. They have 1000 rnds for 170.00 and its not out of the way when we go to our daughters place in Ft. Wayne. Thanks again to everyone for there answers here. Thats what I love about this forum. If someone knows they will tell you what you are asking about or stear you in the right direction.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Yeah, precision cartridge is going to be a hard no.

I’ve had issues with inconsistent loads (some real hot with others really weak in the same box), and I’ve personally seen issues when other people have bought that garbage. But the cherry on top is when the owner called me a liar when I called him out on his bull.

I mean, if you wanna waste your money, go ahead. I’m not your real dad.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I second the #1 rule of reloading: Do not shoot other people’s reloads. So many stories of “Kaboom” abound on this forum and others to prove the veracity of this rule.

bulletbaron

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    NW Indiana
    GERONIMOJOE 85.................

It is amazing how many problems you have had with my ammunition, since I called you out when you drove by my shop with the OBAMA sticker on your vehicle, you have made it your top priority to disparage my company's reputation as well as mine. Please advise me the details of when I called you a liar when I called you out on my bull. You make all of these general accusations, but strangely none of these "other people" have ever contacted me concerning the quality of my ammunition, I am here at my shop six days a week and am more than willing to discuss any problems or short comings that may be encountered with my ammunition.

Also, did you ever mention to the INGO members that you sent a letter to the mayor of Gary, Indiana calling me a racist after the episode in the street in front of my shop? The Police Chief & Senior Commander brought this to my attention and were amused of the immature nonsense that was in your letter?

Last edited:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Ok Buddy,
    You clearly have me confused with some other customer.

Last I shot your ammunition was 2003 you called me a liar through PM on INGO in 2010 I’ll check my box (2011, we last PMd in 2011). I bought the ammunition at a gun show at the lake county fair grounds, you called me a liar saying that you’ve never sold ammunition at the crown point gun show.

Also I’ve never contacted anybody about ANY interaction we’ve had, because we haven’t had ANY face to face interaction whatsoever.

Go back to your clapped out presses and turn out more garbage.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom