• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    For those of you with the Labradar chronograph, they have FINALLY released the Bluetooth app for control and data transfer to your phone or tablet.

Woo-hoo!

Android only as of today, iPhone app coming in a few days.

Requires a firmware update on the Labradar which takes a few seconds.

Got it installed and setup, now I need to get out and test it.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    I installed the LabRadar update and installed app on samsung phone. Have not taken to range since install but does seem to read and control LabRadar without problems.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds great. You folks are making me think I need to have one of these, dang it!

How 'bout a YouTube video review of the unit and new app?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I REALLY need one. I'm saving my pennies.

I'm tired of running one string of shots carefully across both sensors, then a second string on target to check accuracy. (handgun)

It would be nice to just stand and shoot, not worrying about exactly what track the bullet takes.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    The Labradar is amazing for sure. So many reason that you all know, so I don't need to go into all of them here. The new App take thing to the next level, seriously, we have needed this for a long time.

They are pricey no doubt, but are on sale right now for right at about $500. Might be a good time to pick one up.

I love mine and would rush out and buy a replacement tomorrow if I somehow lost mine or it was stolen. I hesitated for like a year due to the high price. My opinion is that it is TOTALLY worth it now that I have it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The Labradar is amazing for sure. So many reason that you all know, so I don't need to go into all of them here. The new App take thing to the next level, seriously, we have needed this for a long time.

They are pricey no doubt, but are on sale right now for right at about $500. Might be a good time to pick one up.

I love mine and would rush out and buy a replacement tomorrow if I somehow lost mine or it was stolen. I hesitated for like a year due to the high price. My opinion is that it is TOTALLY worth it now that I have it.

Stop trying to spend my money!!! First a 2011 then a LabRadar lol!!

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I got a chance to play with the app last night for about 15 min or so, and it is pretty nice. Very well thought out and useful, but it is still got a few issues.

1) I have trouble connecting to the unit. It sometime takes 5-6 tries (or more) before they will handshake. (Communication error mostly).
    2) There is a button to arm the device, which is great, but I do not see where I can create a new Series. Each set of shots is stored in a Series. For example, if I am testing 4 different load, I put each one in a different Series. Each series has multiple shots in them. There are times when I take a break to load a mag or something, and I want to go back to the same series and continue shooting, or I might want to create a new series for a new load. It *appears* that when I arm the device, it is adding whichever series I have highlighted. I have not actually tested this at the range to see how this works in a real setting, but this confuses me at this point.
    3) A minor detail, but I don't see how to save the data to my phone. I will probably just pull the SD card from the Labradar and import into my computer anyway, but I thought it was an interesting omission.

Other than those things, I am really impressed. Some of them (especially #2 above) are probably just me not understanding how to use the app yet.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    2) There is a button to arm the device, which is great, but I do not see where I can create a new Series. Each set of shots is stored in a Series. For example, if I am testing 4 different load, I put each one in a different Series. Each series has multiple shots in them. There are times when I take a break to load a mag or something, and I want to go back to the same series and continue shooting, or I might want to create a new series for a new load. It *appears* that when I arm the device, it is adding whichever series I have highlighted. I have not actually tested this at the range to see how this works in a real setting, but this confuses me at this point.

OK, I am an idiot. :n00b:

Someone on another site pointed out the big HUGE "+" at the top of the screen that is used to create a new Series!!! I *knew* it had to be operator error, there is no way they would omit that function.

All is right with the world again!!! :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe I've missed it, but what device are you using to communicate with the Labradar? What software?

Any chance of a screen cap to post here?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I received my labradar and had the chance to test it out at the range yesterday, very happy with the results. After setting up and aiming at the target with a speed square I was picking up shots with no trouble at all. I especially like the layout on the easy to understand excel spreadsheet. Doublehelix provided me with a macro for the spreadsheet which makes it even better! Thanks buddy!

Since we have a covered roof at the range I no long have to worry about when it rains. No more shooting at the chrono and most importantly I can make any needed adjustments even when the range is hot.

grmrK4C.jpg

300 Blackout Spreadsheet
    XJgPrQf.jpg

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    For those of you with the Labradar chronograph, they have FINALLY released the Bluetooth app for control and data transfer to your phone or tablet.

Woo-hoo!

Android only as of today, iPhone app coming in a few days.

Requires a firmware update on the Labradar which takes a few seconds.

Got it installed and setup, now I need to get out and test it.

Not to hijack your thread or get off topic, but how well does the LabRadar work when shooting next to others? Does it pick up other shooters bullets or is it sensitive enough to just pick up the rifle i am shooting?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    One of the guys I shoot with owns one, it seems at least with his it depends on how close the other shooters are and what range.
    At Elwood where the tables are closer togeather and are covered I can shoot one of my 300 wins and it will pick it up almost everytime. I attribute that to benches that are close and the berm we are shooting at is narrower at that end of the range than the shoot end.

When we shoot say, at Walbash, where the tables are farther apart we don't have that problem. Even when others are shooting 300's and 338 lapuas.
    Also if it does happen it's easy to remove shots that it picked up from the string you are shooting.
    Excellent tool.

To the OP, that's alot of standard deviation, are you looking at anything to drop it down?
    Anneal, different dies and so on?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Not to hijack your thread or get off topic, but how well does the LabRadar work when shooting next to others? Does it pick up other shooters bullets or is it sensitive enough to just pick up the rifle i am shooting?

I normally shoot mine outdoors in an area where no one is close by and have no issues, but I have used it at indoor ranges *several* times as well without issues. I have had shooters in bays close to me, and I just adjusted the sensitivity down. As @Clay Pigeon states, you can always edit out errant shots.

I have created an Excel macro where every calculated field is generated by Excel rather than importing in the data as-is. This means that if I delete a string, the spreadsheet will automatically recalculate all of the data (i.e SD, ES, Power Factor, etc.). Without this macro, the information is just imported as raw data, so if you delete a string, the statistic do not update.

To the OP, that's alot of standard deviation, are you looking at anything to drop it down?
    Anneal, different dies and so on?

Just for clarity sake, I am the OP, and that was not my post or my data. I think you were referring the @straight-shooter's post?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I normally shoot mine outdoors in an area where no one is close by and have no issues, but I have used it at indoor ranges *several* times as well without issues. I have had shooters in bays close to me, and I just adjusted the sensitivity down. As @Clay Pigeon states, you can always edit out errant shots.

I have created an Excel macro where every calculated field is generated by Excel rather than importing in the data as-is. This means that if I delete a string, the spreadsheet will automatically recalculate all of the data (i.e SD, ES, Power Factor, etc.). Without this macro, the information is just imported as raw data, so if you delete a string, the statistic do not update.

Just for clarity sake, I am the OP, and that was not my post or my data. I think you were referring the @straight-shooter's post?

Thanks.

Top Bottom