• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Did I miss the usual Father's Day sale that Xtreme usually runs? Seems to me it is usually 15% off and free shipping. I did not get an email from them like usual.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Yes they filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy to pare down debt and reorganize their finances and operations. They remain in business and appear to be conducting business as usual.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the info! I like their product and hope they continue conducting business. I guess this would explain a lack of a sale. Hopefully we will see the usual holiday sales toward the end of the year.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I like their stuff, I hope that the bankrupcy can help them keep making affordable and quality projectiles.
    Their plated bullets are very clean and consistent in my exp, and as long as you don't run them at crazy velocities (for any given caliber), they work quite well.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Don't order anything from X-treme. It's been over two weeks and I'm still waiting on an order.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I am with eyecarry on this one. They have always been slow. I have gotten a few thousand bullets from them always slow to ship.
    Might be a good reason they are in chapter 11. I did order some 38 special wad cutters from them about 2 weeks ago, yep waiting on them too

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I have looked into RMR and they look like a good company they seem to ship fast and there prices are good. The reason I ordered from X-treme they still have some 38 special wad cutters on sale, I have used them in the pass and I thought they were great might be the last time I could get a couple thousand of them. Soooo I panicked and ordered them.

wsleigh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Greensburg
    No experience with thier 45ACP stuff. But have loaded thousands of .40-180 HP's as well as large amounts of .30 Carbine using their bullets. Been satisfied so far.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I hope nothing happens to xtreme. That is about all I buy anymore. I get them through Cabelas now. Free shipping, regularly on sale, and a rebate for free brass.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Update to thread: I ordered some 45-230's from x-treme while the 10% sale was/is going on. I got free shipping as well from a previous purchase "coupon." After getting the emailed invoice I also sent in for the free brass rebate. I got a reply that they have discontinued the brass rebate as of 8/1: "We are very sorry but Management has discontinued this program. Any rebates sent to us after Aug 1st 2018 will not be honored. We apologize for the inconvenience." It appears that three names are now under one roof:
    Howell Munitions & Technology, Inc. [FONT=&quot]| Freedom Munitions | X-Treme Bullets[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]815 D st. Lewiston, Id. 83501[/FONT]

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Sounds like I'm done with them then.

Just ordered from Precision Delta. On my porch in two days. They look great and are actually jacketed not plated. Really looking forward to load work up and shooting.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Bobcat has about anything you need at a good price and is in shelbyville, also he will bring to Friday night steel need to check him out and help a local guy

Top Bottom