Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Uhm!
    Thanks for the links
    I have been having difficulty finding 50 round boxes of hst locally.
    One case and I'll be golden for awhile
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

User Info Menu

I refuse to buy 20 round boxes of ammo. If it is so expensive that I can't afford a real box, then it is overpriced.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I refuse to buy 20 round boxes of ammo. If it is so expensive that I can't afford a real box, then it is overpriced.
    Yes. This. Give me a case or give me nothing.
    I thought Mosin Nagants came from the earth and there was a limitless supply of this raw fuel?

Hop

User Info Menu

I need to buy a case. I've shot up a TON of my 9mm stash this year at various classes & have some room to store a good defense load. How much more effective is the 147 & 150 over the 124?

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    ...How much more effective is the 147 & 150 over the 124?
    Admittedly these were tested in "pocket pistol" length barrels but still provide some comparison.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    I need to buy a case. I've shot up a TON of my 9mm stash this year at various classes & have some room to store a good defense load. How much more effective is the 147 & 150 over the 124?
    Specifically HST? I know 147 gr standard pressure and 124 gr +P pass the entirety of the FBI battery of tests. I don't recall the results for Federal's standard pressure 124 gr, but I'm sure it's out there on the interwebz somewhere.
    L'otters are not afraid.

User Info Menu

I shoot the 147gr. +P HST. They seem to shoot the best fro me. I have the 124 gr. +P as well, but prefer the 147's. I too like heavy for caliber rounds.
    Operation Desert Storm Veteran, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, For God and Country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2