Ordered 4,000 Extreme bullets, received 753. Thanks UPS.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    It takes a lot to really erk me. I ordered 4K X-Treme bullets. The package was shipped UPS at 68lb. It kept getting delayed, then showed up on my door at 13lbs. Inside were 753 projectiles.

its obvious that UPS dropped it, spilled them everywhere, resealed the box that had lost 55lbs, then delivered it like that without a note. What the crap UPS?

updated 7/11
    It was a simple cardboard box with no packaging other than a 68lb bucket (the way I received it, doesn’t mean it was shipped that way).

Xtreme said they’d contact shipping dept and see if they could get more shipped out. I was told I’d receive an email. Nothing yet, hopefully they are good on it.

update 7/13
    Still no contact from X-treme. Sent an email about the situation and the fact I’ve received no contact with pics.

update 7/15
    No reply to email. Called in again. Was told they are backed up and the shipping department is working on it, should be sent within a few days.

update 7/23
    3,500 nicely packedged bullets arrive. We’re good!!

Attachments

• 213EF60B-3028-43A9-A230-94EA56CE1904.jpg
      213EF60B-3028-43A9-A230-94EA56CE1904.jpg
      49.2 KB · Views: 77
    • 3250DCBE-F9F3-4CCF-9BB5-675EF046FEFD.jpg
      3250DCBE-F9F3-4CCF-9BB5-675EF046FEFD.jpg
      46.5 KB · Views: 70
    • 1A3BA43B-0F98-4E0C-8EE9-4FEB77E49EB0.jpg
      1A3BA43B-0F98-4E0C-8EE9-4FEB77E49EB0.jpg
      83.2 KB · Views: 63
    Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm picturing the guy: box drops "Oh crap!" Box busts open and starts to spill out "What the.... who the hell uses metal packing material!? I'm not putting that back, no way it's protecting anything in there anyway. "

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ups is absolutely horrible. Wife gets stuff all the time damaged from them. She had just got some new yard ornament thingy that had 1/2" thick steel rod bent at almost 45° angle. Box all tore up and everything. How much force does it take to bend a 1/2" thick steel rod? Quite a lot, but aholes delivered it anyway. Ridiculous

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I'm picturing the guy: box drops "Oh crap!" Box busts open and starts to spill out "What the.... who the hell uses metal packing material!? I'm not putting that back, no way it's protecting anything in there anyway. "

I’m almost hoping it spilled into a UPS conveyer system and that’s why it took two days of extra delays!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Danm sorry for your luck.... but I'll ask the question that everyone wants to know... "did you count them all by yourself just to make sure it wasn't 4000?" lol

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I’m almost hoping it spilled into a UPS conveyer system and that’s why it took two days of extra delays!

Lol, kidding aside, that does suck. Sorry.

Miguel: I wouldn't think to insure something like that with the (flawed) logic of 'how do you break metal projectiles?' and not considering them spilling. Insight gained from this thread.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Danm sorry for your luck.... but I'll ask the question that everyone wants to know... "did you count them all by yourself just to make sure it wasn't 4000?" lol

Lol. You could tell holding the box it wasn’t 4K by weight. I hand counted them so I could accurately advise X-treme tomorrow. Contacting them and UPS tomorrow.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    At the same time, give Xtreme a call or email them the picture. They are the ones paying the UPS bills, as a shipper, they have more leverage.

I had the same thing happened to me few years ago, Xtreme re-shipped the whole order to me the same day, told me they will deal the UPS.

I'm not sure how things are now since the parent company filed bankruptcy last month.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

THIS. So this.

Good luck, OP.

Welcome to the club of "victims of UPS Stupidity". My entry was a big computer server in a box with built in pallet spacers so they could move the box with a rabbit jack instead of a 2 man lift. Sadly, that box apparently ended up in the truck upside down, and the lackey thought those folded strips of cardboard were handles. He tried to toss the box by those "handles" and instead the top of the box separated from the bottom with the handles. My computer fell to the concrete, destroying it. Luckilly for me it was only being returned for salvage. But still... :rolleyes:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Pop quiz: Given that only one of the two major private parcel carriers is unionized, which one would you guess it is? FedEx, or UPS?

dah dee dah dough, dah dee dah....

mntman0902

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2018
    dunreith
    man that really sucks. I ordered 1000 bullets from rmr. another member here did too. came in a thin cardboard box and about 4 rolls of wrapping tape on them. opened the box and the plastic bag that they had 500 of them in was cut open. but at least they got here. put them all in a different container.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Frankly, I'd go 2:1 on the blame here. Certainly UPS should deliver packages as received into their care.

But, sticking a 50lb plastic bucket into a single-walled cardboard box doesn't seem like the best packing job either.
    I mean, did Xtreme expect the bucket alone to survive if dropped from the back of a truck?

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Updated OP. X-Treme seems to be taking care of it without confirmation just yet, said I’d be getting an email from shipping dept.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Man I've got a receiver on the way via UPS right now. I'm not gonna be able to sleep now.

I know that when I drove truck, that I hauled freight for all the companies from USPS to UPS to FedEx to Conway and they all beat the crap out of stuff.

Top Bottom