• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I'm looking for suggestions for a clean burning 185 gr. target load in .45ACP. I'd like to be at about 700 - 750 fps. So far
    over the years I've tried 231/HP-38, bullseye, & Clays. They're all pretty darn dirty. The idea of locating another powder and spending $30 or so to make another 50 dirty loads turns me off. Any constructive help will be appreciated.

tranders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Clinton County
    Bump up the load a little and I guarantee your loads will clean up. Bullseye is known to be dirty,but HP-38 and especially Clays are clean burning. Any powder loaded at the lower end tends to be dirty.

Good luck!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Bump up the load a little and I guarantee your loads will clean up. Bullseye is known to be dirty,but HP-38 and especially Clays are clean burning. Any powder loaded at the lower end tends to be dirty.

Good luck!

I would have to agree on this. If you're dirty your not hot enough. Maybe bump up or look into a hotter pow pow dust.Titegroup burns hot and it's cheap.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    American Select is clean and shoots pretty well with the Zero 185 gr. SWCHP. Another very clean powder I've used is e3. You can't find loading data for it, but you can start out at 3.5 grains. e3 measures very well, too.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I loaded a coated 200 grain wadcutter over 4.3 grains of Clays. It was super clean. 250 rounds and I could hardly tell I shot the gun.

Top Bottom