• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I just got another 3D printed bullet feeder, and this one has enough infill that it's stable & solid.
    Infill is making the print more solid, stiffer, and means dumping bullets in won't break it off the mounts.
    It also means the bucket won't warp/rack under the weight of bullets.

This guy also has the approval of 'AmmoMike' that released the design in the first place.

The tweaks he's made to this design (rotor/flipper) work well so far, with replaceable flipper groove plate, it has replaceable parts.
    I'm big on replaceable parts since I 'Tinker' with things.

IMG_1160 (2).JPG

Normally, I make pistol bullet feeders myself, short/fat pistol bullets feed well in home built (PVC pipe cap) feeders, but longer bullets like .30 cal rifle need more room in the front tray, this unit has that front tray flange.

The clamps/mounts this guy has come up with allow you to attach directly to the Dillon Case feeders, and his bullet feeder clamp allows for an external mount if that's what you want.
    There are several of these 3D printed units out there, this is the only one I've found so far that works well.
    Cost is between $75-$100 depending on how many rotors & drop funnels you want, so it's VERY affordable if this is the route you want to go.

The MBF style and/or other motors, feed dies, ect. work on this unit. I'm messing with an AC motor, so no wall wort or failure prone DC motor, when I get it worked out I'll post sources & part numbers.

Last edited:

greed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Do you have a link? I have been reloading for years on an RBCS turret and recently picked up a Hornady AP. I do not have a case feeder or bullet feeder, but I am interested. I also have access to a nice 3d printer and I can weld so I am interested in DIY options.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I've printed and installed the case feeder from thingiverse, item 2488944 and am very happy with the function of it. Based on my experience with Hornady bullet feeder dies, I'd recommend it over a bullet feeder.

--Rick

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I perfer Hornady feed dies also, saves space on the tool head and they don't much care how many bullets are stacked in the column.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom