• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Does anyone have any data on the hornady 220gr eld-x bullets in 300blk? The 300 is my new pet round and I am trying every bullet I get my hands on but I'm having trouble getting a load to reliably cycle with these. And I have 200 left and it's the only .30 cal I can load them in and they're a tad bit expensive lol

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    What powder and weight are you using? What spring/gas system are you using? Are you running a can?

Does anyone have any data on the hornady 220gr eld-x bullets in 300blk? The 300 is my new pet round and I am trying every bullet I get my hands on but I'm having trouble getting a load to reliably cycle with these. And I have 200 left and it's the only .30 cal I can load them in and they're a tad bit expensive lol

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    What powder and weight are you using? What spring/gas system are you using? Are you running a can?

Very valid questions! I have a 300 blk with carbine length barrel. Wished i would have went with pistol length gas system. After loading subs, i had to go with accurate 1680 and a nemesis buffer spring to get it to function with subs. The 1680 is faster burning and got my peak pressure where it needed to be for subs. For supers, i use CFE BLK and love it with HDY 150gr fmj-bt’s.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Sorry, I'm no help on your on your OP, loading the heavy subs. Wonder if you could post some more detail on your CFE BLK super loading though? TIA

I am loading the bulk hornady 150gr fmj-bt’s with cannelure. I had to play with the seating depth and watch for over pressure, but all is good in my gun. I make sure to crimp BUT it is not on the cannelure. The cannelure is visible after loading. You need to crimp every round as only .200” or so is seated in the neck. I crimp seperate with a Lee 300 blackout crimp die. It actually crimps around the outside diameter of the neck using a collet. Below is my load data.

300 Blackout
    Hornady 150gr FMJ-BT w/cann
    CCI small rifle primer
    19.0gr of CFE BLK
    2.190” overall length
    Trim length: 1.358

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I finally got the eld-x bullets to function with 1680. I have a 16" barrel with pistol length gas system. Using 11.5gr 1680 and a cci small rifle primer. I'm away from my notes right now and I can't recall the coal. This load shot pretty well.

Top Bottom