• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    So, I was offered about 120 Lake City match 68 cases, for free, only down side the case mouths are badly abused....

So after looking at the cases for a bit, I tried one in my full leanth resized, it worked, but was very hard to reform, so after a cup of coffee, I had an idea, and out to my lathe I went, 1 1/28 bolt, one 5/16 shoulder bolt, and I started to spin up a neck sizer button with a taper on the end....I did turn the button a little undersize,so I can run them back threw the die and resize after I "presize" and get the case mouths round again

free online image hosting

So a little lube , and presto, works perfectly!

After "presize" I deburred the case mouths, resized with factory resizer button, and the bolt on my 03a3 closes just perfectly on the brass!

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    As a guy who shoots lots of vintage LC Match brass in 308 and 06 I would suggest that you anneal that brass. Most likely you will split necks when seating or firing that brass. Been there done that..

bigedp51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    You can use a tapered punch to open up the case mouths or use a Lee sizing die or a expander die.

I buy bulk once fired Lake City 5.56 and 7.62 brass and there are many ways the straighten the case mouths. In the CMP reloading forum one member uses a Bic pen to straighten the case mouths. And Forster sells over sized expander balls that will straighten the case necks. And the Lee .310 expander from the 7.62x39 or 7.62x54r or .303 British will work also.

QC9xK5D.jpg

Top Bottom