• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I recently purchased a hunk of S@#$ Hornady 1911 primer tube filler in order to ramp up time. After calling customer service several times, they basically said 1 out of 2 likely work. I have looked at Frankfort Arsenal but am hesitant to waste more money after paying $50 for the Hornady.
    Are there any other options besides the “PAL Filler” or the Dillon unit? They are both a little pricey. I have done a lot of research and these are the only ones i have found.

Thanks fellow INGO’ers!

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I looked and researched everything you mentioned. Seems like they all have sketchy reviews. For the price and size of Dillon unit I'm in favor of buying more tubes and pecking primers night before I want to do some loading. Spend the money on more primers.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've yet to be convinced that I can save enough time with a primer tube loading device to justify the cost and trouble?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I looked and researched everything you mentioned. Seems like they all have sketchy reviews. For the price and size of Dillon unit I'm in favor of buying more tubes and pecking primers night before I want to do some loading. Spend the money on more primers.

Yep. Night before while listening to the tv.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Speaking of primers... I have to admit that I have not set foot once in Cabelas in Fishers this year. S&B Primers have not been on their past history of sales. I assume this is due to the Bass Pro take over. Thanks a lot Bass Pro, we usually make the trip twice a year to Cabelas and spend some hard earned $. But not this year. :noway: :noway: Bass Pro. I hope you're listening but I know you don't care. We will gladly buy our primers (and all the other stuff we usually get at Cabelas) elsewhere.

:ingo:

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI

i load up 5 tubes at a time using a flip tray.
    500 rds is about at my "limit" of what i want to sit down and load at a time.
    my hands start to cramp up, my back starts to hurt, my arm gets tired, and i gotta take a leak...:fogey:

:cheers:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I hand my wife the primers/tubes and she gives them back full. Ultimately, my system is probably more expensive than any of the other options, but none of them make sandwiches or touch my junk.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I hand my wife the primers/tubes and she gives them back full. Ultimately, my system is probably more expensive than any of the other options, but none of them make sandwiches or touch my junk.

Yeah, but I'll bet you don't loan her out. My Vibra-prime on the other hand is available for borrow to my buddies! :):

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I am 100% thrilled with my Vibra-Prime, and as I mention in the below thread, it if broke today, I would buy another one before the sun sets.

Here is the thread I started on this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/446527-vibra-prime-its-miracle.html

This is why I suggested a Vibra-Prime.
    I have a Dillon, the Vibra-Prime is faster and doesn't jam up nearly as often, and for $25 it's worth a try...
    Takes about a minute to flip 100, and load them in the tube, less when you have primer trays laid out in advance.
    I just rattled about 1,000 today in about 5 minutes but I have experience with the gadget.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yep. Night before while listening to the tv.

Yep that's how I do it. Put on a good shoot em up western and have a whiskey drink.

I'll set up press, set out powder and bullets, peck primers. Next night I'll load.

Even though I work on a Dillon 650 after 300 or so I'm hurting and done for awhile. Only load during winter or stormy weather.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've been using the FA Vibra Prime for over 10 years. I even use the Dillon pick-up tubes with it. I leave the pin in place and yank off the plastic tip, fill it up and put the plastic tip back on to keep the primers in place. Like a lot of items in reloading, it requires a certain level of patience as there is a slight learning curve on how to hold the Vibra Prime and where the Dillon pick-up tube needs to be, but it works for me. I've heard that they have improved the design since I bought mine, but I'm not sure about whether or not it improves it.

Top Bottom