• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Anyone know where around Indy to find Wolf .22 MT on the shelf? Interested to run some through a couple rifles to see what the groups look like. Any place with an above average selection of .22 would be awesome too.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've only seen it by the brick on store shelves and I snag it up when I find it. The last one I found was @ ACME in Seymour. Their cash price was equivalent to mail order + s/h.

I hear that the MT is going to change manufacturing plants and like the ME, also be made by Eley in England. The stuff I have has the waxy coating and is made by SK in Germany.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    ACME isn’t too far a drive. I will call and see if they have anything. I appreciate the info versus online links... I know I can have it delivered, but would rather try a couple different options off the shelf locally versus paying shipping on it

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Cabela's in Fishers has several types of Eley on the shelf in store. You can buy it by the box instead of the brick.

Eley Club has the same round nose bullet and is also covered in beeswax. Maybe this will be the new Wolf Match Target load?

I've tried Wolf ME vs. Eley Edge (black colored case) in a high $ Anshutz 54 and the Wolf ME was noticeably better. This makes me think Wolf ME is either Eley Match or Eley Tenex.

If anyone else here knows for sure then pipe up!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Bump for some corrections.

I bought several brands of 22 LR to do an ammo test.
    Wolf ME is NOT Eley Tenex, it's NOT Eley Match, it's NOT Eley Edge (black case stuff). All of those Eley bullets have a flat tip with a little dot in the center. I don't have any Eley club or target to compare. Wolf ME is head stamped "E" but I can't tell what equivalent Eley load it would be.

It looks like SK owns Lapua. I don't have any SK ammo to compare. I do have two loads of Lapua; Midas + & Center-X. I can't tell them apart visually. Midas + cost a bit more than Center-X. Wolf MT has the same exact bullet, case and beeswax coating.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    The last I heard SK was making Wolf but that was a long time ago. There may be something about it on Rimfirecentral.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I've only seen it by the brick on store shelves and I snag it up when I find it. The last one I found was @ ACME in Seymour. Their cash price was equivalent to mail order + s/h.

I hear that the MT is going to change manufacturing plants and like the ME, also be made by Eley in England. The stuff I have has the waxy coating and is made by SK in Germany.

ACME is where I bought my Wolf bricks.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The last I heard SK was making Wolf but that was a long time ago. There may be something about it on Rimfirecentral.

Wolf was made by SK for a long time. But the recent discussion I've seen is the Wolf moved the contract to Eley.

I've yet to see a field test report on Eley-made Wolf.

My existing supply of Wolf was the SK-made stuff and it's excellent.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    Wolf was made by SK for a long time. But the recent discussion I've seen is the Wolf moved the contract to Eley.

I've yet to see a field test report on Eley-made Wolf.

My existing supply of Wolf was the SK-made stuff and it's excellent.

That's good to know I still have a brick of the original in my stash. Have not seen any of the new stuff.

Considering what Remington wants for there Eley made 22s I don't expect it will be any cheaper. Time will tell.

Top Bottom