• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Hi, I want to get into handloading shotshells (ie. Dowel and nail loading) and I’ve tried calling most of the nearby gun stores in Terre Haute and none of them stock 00 lead shot or 209 primers to use in shells (except for rural king, which has the muzzleloading stuff only)

anybody know of a near-enough store that does (I’m willing to travel 35 miles.)?

Crandall Crank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2017
    Southern IN
    I don't live near terre haute, but if there is a local skeet range, you might want to give them a call. Down south, that's the only place I get my shotshell reloading supplies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    00 shot will be harder to find. Years ago I just started casting mine with a gang mold.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Terre Haute Sporting Clays has reloading supplies north of town (take IN 63 north out of town about 3.8 miles - on east side of 63) 812-535-3787, 1041 Sandford Ave., Terre Haute 47885. Open 10-5 Thur-Sun according to their website
    Should have primers, wads, hulls and bird shot.

I agree with Leadeye. You should just order a mold and cast your own 00 buck. You will save a bundle. It's what I do.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Ive seen lots lead casting junk and shotgun loading stuff at yard sales.

No need to leave the couch it's all for sale on-line. With black Friday and virtual Monday it should be discounted coupled with free shipping. Stack deep!

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Ive seen lots lead casting junk and shotgun loading stuff at yard sales.

No need to leave the couch it's all for sale on-line. With black Friday and virtual Monday it should be discounted coupled with free shipping. Stack deep!
    \\Yeah, that was my plan eventually, but I just need something for wednesday so i can reload shotshells on-site before hooking them up to christmas lights.

As for shipping ****.... I'm currently at uni, so getting powder or primers with a big "!!! CAUTION EXPLOSIVES OR FLAMMABLES" would be a terrible idea. But I'll definitely try to pick something up like roll crimper and some shot during that time... And maybe some primed hulls (because oddly enough, those don't need extortionate shipping fees and massive warning stickers on them), but that could get me in trouble with the libtards reporting me to public safety once again (I've got a beautiful story involving kitchen knives and better understanding of the school rules compared to the people actually enforcing it)

And also, I'd like a local LGS so I can pick some stuff up quickly for my shooting trip on Wednesday, just so I can show a friend that reloading with a nail and dowel is doable (Viable is another topic).

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Ok, at the risk of sounding like an old geezer I would suggest you focus on your studies and worry about reloading shot shells once you are back home or graduate. I have never lived on campus but it doesn't sound like a place for this sort of thing and it also sounds like you are already on their radar. Just friendly advice. :twocents:

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Thanks. In hindsight that’s a great idea. no need to invest hard on the guns when you’re not gonna be using it much. Especially if it’s just to prove a point.

anyhow, I’ve got this week off because I just finished finals and I’m taking a break for a while.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I give you points for going to school in the first place. It sounds like you have a bright future. Have fun shooting on Wednesday. :yesway:

Top Bottom