• ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I hope that your luck is better than mine??

I too have tried my own Powder Coated projectiles in my .357 Sig loads--With little to no success..

For ME there is just not enough space in the Sig neck to hold the " SLICK " Bullets.

I do not remember the Lee mold #, but the .356" diameter projectile that I used DID have plenty of contact with the sides, but just not hold the bullet tight into the case.
    The same bullet runs GREAT in the 9MM loads..

Again, you may have a better time at this than me??...Bill.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I too have tried my own Powder Coated projectiles in my .357 Sig loads--With little to no success..

For ME there is just not enough space in the Sig neck to hold the " SLICK " Bullets.

I do not remember the Lee mold #, but the .356" diameter projectile that I used DID have plenty of contact with the sides, but just not hold the bullet tight into the case.
    The same bullet runs GREAT in the 9MM loads..

Again, you may have a better time at this than me??...Bill.

Thank you for the feedback. Ultimately, these will be "display" rounds so I only need a dozen of them. Where did you find the projectiles?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Since they are only for display would just painting some FMJ bullets be a possibility? Or, the "shake and bake" powder coating method is relatively easy and inexpensive.

There may be a place online that sells white polymer bullets but most of us just make our own.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I made some white 9mm powder coat bullets a while back. I will look and see if I still have any of those. 125gr lead PC but they may not be display quality. I found with really light colors like yellow and white the darker bullet may show through in spots.

20160527-210011-resized.jpg

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Those sure are pretty!

You are too kind. That picture actually reminds me of the old MB game Mastermind. The younger folks probably won't know what I'm talking about LOL. There is actually a reason the white bullets are in the back row. I experimented with it and the white color was difficult to work with. They look good from a distance but not so much up close.

I have some white bullets left over from when I was testing it. I can pick out the 12 best and send them to you on my dime if you want. Use at your own risk etc, etc. They are white but not perfect. I would also be willing to send some white powder coat paint along with them if you want to try your hand at it. Just let me know. If they don't serve your purpose you can always just throw them away. I have lots of colors if there is another color that might also suit your purpose.

20181128-130018.jpg

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    You are too kind. That picture actually reminds me of the old MB game Mastermind. The younger folks probably won't know what I'm talking about LOL. There is actually a reason the white bullets are in the back row. I experimented with it and the white color was difficult to work with. They look good from a distance but not so much up close.

I have some white bullets left over from when I was testing it. I can pick out the 12 best and send them to you on my dime if you want. Use at your own risk etc, etc. They are white but not perfect. I would also be willing to send some white powder coat paint along with them if you want to try your hand at it. Just let me know. If they don't serve your purpose you can always just throw them away. I have lots of colors if there is another color that might also suit your purpose.

20181128-130018.jpg

Sending pm.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Thank you for the feedback. Ultimately, these will be "display" rounds so I only need a dozen of them. Where did you find the projectiles?

Thank you Sir for the reply. Yeah, I was talking about shooting ammo. I was worried about bullet set back on the PC Sig loads that I made..Bill.

PS: I cast these projectiles myself with a 125 gr. Lee RN mold. I do not remember the mold #..Bill.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom