• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm looking forward to trying out the Quiet-22 Semi-Auto (45gr at 735 fps.)

Since that's only 25 fps faster than the standard quiet, I wonder if they will drop the slower eventually. They seem to have a lot of overlap in the lines, eg std vel, sub sonic & suppressor are all real close.

Last edited:

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Dollar for dollar it's gonna be hard to beat the level of performance and sound of their Standard velocity ammo. Anything labeled as a specialty ammo is going to cost more and doesn't always merit the premium price. Overall though CCI makes great rimfire ammo

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    .17 Mach 2... is that thing still around?! :D

Dollar for dollar it's gonna be hard to beat the level of performance and sound of their Standard velocity ammo. Anything labeled as a specialty ammo is going to cost more and doesn't always merit the premium price. Overall though CCI makes great rimfire ammo
    Word. Near Eley level perfomance at a quarter of the price (and about 90% of the performance). I have 5k of it for a rainy day/ban/Johnny Bejing lets go with the nukes and working to get 5k more.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The quiet in the 700fps range has not been very good in my experience. While it is very quiet it is no where near as accurate as their other offerings. I don’t think the 1:16 twist rate works well at these speeds. The best I was getting was about 1.5” groups out of my Ruger RPR with them. As opposed to one hole 10 shot groups with their SV, all at 50 yards. I hope the new batch works through that

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The quiet in the 700fps range has not been very good in my experience. While it is very quiet it is no where near as accurate as their other offerings. I don’t think the 1:16 twist rate works well at these speeds. The best I was getting was about 1.5” groups out of my Ruger RPR with them. As opposed to one hole 10 shot groups with their SV, all at 50 yards. I hope the new batch works through that

Agreed, and SV out of a 22-24" barrel seems quieter.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I saw more .17 Mach 2 at the 1500 than I've ever seen. Several tables had it, it's making a comeback!

Darn... I sold a 10/22 Target years ago in .17M2 because I couldn't find ammo. No one was shooting it, no one was interested in it and I took a MAJOR hit to sell it, thinking it would be like 5mm Rem (hard to find, pricey and juice vs. squeeze ratio not worth it). I really missed that gun, very accurate at 50 yards!

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011

I've also been very disappointed in the performance of the Quiet-22 on coon noggins at short range. Shooting them out of a pistol, they are still plenty loud. Even firing them from a rifle, I think they are much, much louder than shooting through a silencer. They probably don't get the full advertised velocity when fired from a pistol, either. They don't cycle my semi-auto pistol which is just fine with me because I'd rather not leave empty cases laying around where I use these rounds.

Maybe the new Quiet-22 semi-auto will be an improvement.

Top Bottom