• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I have a question for you all. I have a 300 Blackout with a 16” carbine length barrel.....I know....I should have went with Pistol length barrel!!!! Anyways, I have been trying to load some 220gr subs and get the gun to run smooth. I purchased a Bootleg Inc adjustable BCG and a Nemo buffer spring. With that all said, I ended up having to use a faster burning A1680 because CFE BLK was short stroking the gun. I have 10.8gr of A1680, using eggleston 220gr coated bullets, and the gun is running flawless. I am having one issue though, I am getting a sand like rust color grit, all in my trigger group as well as my BCG. Should i go with magnum primers? Lower or raise my powder charge a couple grains?

I know you all will have an answer without me wasting my time or money. Thanks

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Thank you BGravy! I will snap a picture when i get home and show you how much grit is in everything! I am traveling with work right now and it might be later this week before i can post anything. I appreciate your help!

Without seeing the 'grit'... I believe the 'grit' is un-burnt powder residue. We see the 'grit' sometimes with Shooters World-Blackout.

View attachment 73998 Courtesy of https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/I..._in_My_Receiver__New_Build_Question/4-702663/

IMO, your really pushing the limits of subs in a 16". Just my :twocents: which is not much. Try a short bbl for subs.

:ingo:

Top Bottom