• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's not a soda or an energy drink, it's a container of ammunition--9mm, 5.56 and .300 Blackout

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/25/shot-2019-global-ordnance-canmunition/

https://globalordnance.com

IMG_20190123_082738662-660x330.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Very gimmicky. I'll pass at the price with shipping. Over $200 a case of 1k for 9mm after shipping

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Very gimmicky. I'll pass at the price with shipping. Over $200 a case of 1k for 9mm after shipping

I agree the price point is a little salty but with that being said.....I would still probably pick up a couple of cans.

Thought being you could throw them into your vehicle and never have to worry about long term storage, moisture, or temp. control .:dunno:

Bulk ammo in ammo cans for the house and range but ammo cans are not very practical for small cars and trucks....could also be placed in a BOB and forgotten.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I agree the price point is a little salty but with that being said.....I would still probably pick up a couple of cans.

Thought being you could throw them into your vehicle and never have to worry about long term storage, moisture, or temp. control .:dunno:

Bulk ammo in ammo cans for the house and range but ammo cans are not very practical for small cars and trucks....could also be placed in a BOB and forgotten.

I had given that some thought but then you're paying over $50 for 200 rounds. I've had no issues leaving an ammo can in the trunk full for several years. Havent tried longer but all the ammo went bang and zero signs of corrosion. Just make sure the ammo can seal is in great shape. I add some dessicant to be safe too.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I had given that some thought but then you're paying over $50 for 200 rounds. I've had no issues leaving an ammo can in the trunk full for several years. Havent tried longer but all the ammo went bang and zero signs of corrosion. Just make sure the ammo can seal is in great shape. I add some dessicant to be safe too.

I get that paying $50.00 for 200 rounds is a little salty and comes out to $12.50 a box. This is high for plinking ammo. That being said I still think they put it at a price point that it will sell.

I still think it would tuck into a BOB very easy and pack well....:twocents:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I get that paying $50.00 for 200 rounds is a little salty and comes out to $12.50 a box. This is high for plinking ammo. That being said I still think they put it at a price point that it will sell.

I still think it would tuck into a BOB very easy and pack well....:twocents:

I too believe it will sell. Im just not buying any. And actually its 90 round cans so even a little worse of a deal, but like others said put it in a vending machine and i could get behind that...lol

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I look at it as more of a novelty item. Yes, it can be stored and stored long term. And yes at that price point its rather expensive, especially for 9mm in my opinion. Im sure as others have said and Ill take a small step forward, the standard metal or plastic ammo cans you can buy at rural king with a simple foam or rubber seal around the lid with some dessicant in it would do just fine. The only improvement they would have in that can over what most of us could do is removing the oxygen from the can and replacing it with nitrogen which is almost moisture free if done properly. That being said, I would probably pick up a can or 2 for a Christmas gift or funny birthday gift.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    I'm sure I'll fall for the gimmick and pick a can or two up just for the "cool" factor when they release it in .223 or if they decide to do 45 acp.

BluedSteel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2018
    Huntingburg
    Would ammo cans seal well enough to throw in a desiccant pack for the humidity and an oxygen absorber to remove the oxygen?

U.S. military surplus cans will do this, if they are rust free and the rubber gasket is in good shape. [I clean mine with a bit of Armor-All if I plan to leave them unopened for a while]. It is possible to replace the gaskets, although it can be hard to find them in anything other than the .50 caliber size.

I personally wouldn't trust the non-military cans unless I absolutely had to. They might work, but who knows?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This has been around a few years, but it is not canned in a pop can.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/csearch.aspx?CategoryID=0&ManufacturerID=0&SectionID=0&PriceRange=0&SortBy=6&PageSize=12&AndOr=AND&DisplayMode=Grid&Condition=-1&Search=Fiocchi%20Canned%20Heat

[video=youtube;cofRmJ4Rykw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cofRmJ4Rykw[/video]

I have some like that but its Federal. Bought it probably 4-5 years ago. 325 round nitrogen purged cans of 22lr. Got it online when it was hard to get 22lr. Haven't opened any of them yet

Top Bottom