• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    A few months ago you could find 9mm 124 or 147 50 rd boxes for under $20. Now the cheapest I can find is 50 rd boxes for $30. I just find it odd since everything else seems to be on a downward trend.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Where were you seeing it for under $20?

I'm used to seeing it around $27-$28 and that's been pretty consistent for the last 4-5 years.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I bought 500 rounds of 147 grain HST off an INGO member about a year ago for under $200... I don’t see another deal like that coming along anytime soon.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Federal only wants civilians buying the 20 round packs at >$1 a round. Bone Frog occasionally has HST 50 packs and has had the best price on it.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Too many YouTube channels giving it a good review. People go run out and buy it.

Federal trying to limit the supply artificially might backfire on them. I've been seeking out Winchester Ranger RA9TA (127 grain +P+) for years as a carry load but it takes some homework.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Notes to Federal.

When the price gets too high;

1. Change to the other brands
    2. Load first 8 rounds in every mag with expensive quality HP rounds. The other nine, cheaper factory HP's or even my own reloads.
    3. If pushed, all defensive rounds could be reloads. Loads that are actually more trusted than factory ammo of any kind.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...3. If pushed, all defensive rounds could be reloads...

FWIW, American Reloading has had pulled HST bullets recently. They go fast but being on their mailing list helps.

When word of the (coming) Federal squeeze on 50 rd boxes came out, I bought a few cases before it hit. Should be GTG for years.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Federal only wants civilians buying the 20 round packs at >$1 a round. Bone Frog occasionally has HST 50 packs and has had the best price on it.

Bone Frog was my go to for the HST, but the last time I ordered it said I had to fill out a form to prove I was LE

Ordered some from streichers.com on Dec. 28, but when I called a couple of weeks later to check on the order they said it was back ordered with 4 weeks wait.[h=1][/h]

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Bone Frog was my go to for the HST, but the last time I ordered it said I had to fill out a form to prove I was LE

Ordered some from streichers.com on Dec. 28, but when I called a couple of weeks later to check on the order they said it was back ordered with 4 weeks wait.

Yep BoneFrog sent out a notification a while back that Federal was limiting sales of 50 round boxes to LEO, and that they would require proof of qualification to purchase.

I'd like to get a hold of a few 50 round boxes of it.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Yep, and long time back I had ordered from SGAmmo, but these days I generally find my range ammo cheaper elsewhere online (given shipping, etc from them).

Hoping to find some 50 round HST boxes somewhere that has pretty good prices on range ammo as well to help spread the shipping cost across a larger order, or that has free shipping.

Haven't really looked at TargetsportsUSA. I will have to check them out.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Can someone explain the reason for this LE only thing? I have not bought hst in over a year but have bought it over the counter and mail ordered it several hundred rounds at a time. What if anything has changed?

Top Bottom