Federal getting into the mini shells game.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Has anybody had good luck with the 1.75" shells? I tried some in my Serbu Super Shorty (Rem 870 based), and they were a hot mess as far as feeding. Not reliable at all.

Would have been nice, too, as the tube on the Serbu only holds two 2.75" shells.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Has anybody had good luck with the 1.75" shells? I tried some in my Serbu Super Shorty (Rem 870 based), and they were a hot mess as far as feeding. Not reliable at all.

Would have been nice, too, as the tube on the Serbu only holds two 2.75" shells.

I've run them through my 500 with no issues.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    "Federal getting into the mini shells game."

They need to develop a "
    flight control" 20 ga buckshot instead playing around with a novelty load that no one asked for.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Has anybody had good luck with the 1.75" shells?

Seem to feed well in my Ithica 37.
    I think a big part of this is the way the shell gets fed into the chamber. Some actions allow the mini-shells to tumble and get misaligned causing FTF.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    H0xmeEf.gif

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Seem to feed well in my Ithica 37.
    I think a big part of this is the way the shell gets fed into the chamber. Some actions allow the mini-shells to tumble and get misaligned causing FTF.

Exactly correct. And there is a company that makes a neat little gizmo to make them run right in the most popular Mossberg pump guns. OPSol® TEXAS

"Available in boxes of 10 for around $12 and under."

If this is true, I'll stick with Aguila.

A company called Challenger is making short shells too. There was a vendor with some at the Stout Field gunshow this past weekend. Brownell's carries them too. https://www.brownells.com/ammunitio...box-sku105003537-123715-226822.aspx?rrec=true

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

Definitely look at those OpSol plugs. That took care of the feeding issues in my Mossberg for the Aguila shells.

On the other hand, you can try the Nobel Sport 2" shells. I've had no issue with those feeding in my Mossberg Shockwave or my TAC-14.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...-4-00-buckshot-6-pellets-250-rounds?a=1588505

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Nice to see some competition, Maybe after they get going they can drive the prices down a bit. A lot of vendors advertise Aguila but a lot of vendors are out of it and it’s a little bit pricey for me.

At the NRA convention last May the Aguila rep told me they were building a factory in Texas this year, so I hope that would help with their distribution.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Definitely look at those OpSol plugs. That took care of the feeding issues in my Mossberg for the Aguila shells.

Their site stresses that they only work with Mossberg guns.

My Serbu is a toy anyway; it's OK that it doesn't like these little shells.

Top Bottom