• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Those have been made in a whole bunch of different rimfire calibers, but I have never tried them. Alternatively, if you already have some spent rimfire cases laying around, you can use some of the stuff available here 22 LR Rimfire Reloading Tool Kit - 22LR Reloader to reprime those cases.

If you are doing anything other than .22RF/6mm Flobert, you'll have to improvise tools and components specific to your desired caliber, but it is doable. Original rimfire cases are thin and don't last long, but one or two more loadings is better than scrapping them since they cost so much as loaded ammo. For .32 rimfire, the bullet that I found to work best was this one https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product/DetailsBySKU/26174 but it seems that Hornady has discontinued it. Diameter of .314" and it was slightly heal based so it naturally stopped at the correct depth in the casing. Searching may turn up some old stock.

If your cases need sized, a 32 long colt die works for 32 rimfire and a 38 special die works for 38 rimfire. Proper heal based bullets are available from custom casters. I haven't used this bullet NEI #78B<br>95 gr. .32 Colt but it should work well for 32RF. With the (apparently discontinued) Hornady bullets, I use absolutely minimal case flaring and have been able to get away without buying a custom collet-style crimp die as is normally required with heal based bullets.

Let me know if you need any help.

Top Bottom