• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I have owned numerous Dillon presses and have spent thousands of dollars on extra Dillon products! I have always had great customer service in the past. I recently purchased another Dillon 650 and loaded it up with extras. My case feeder was getting brass hung up under the case feed plate. I called customer service 2 times and pretty much received “ It is what it is” answer from customer service. After getting frustrated, i ended up emailing Dillon. They told me how to fix the issue stating the bowl was over torqued during assembly. After drilling another hole, like they suggested, i sent them a picture of how janked up the bowl was. They replied back stating “send the case feeder to Dillon Precision” so they could evaluate the case feeder. If they see warranted, they will repair and ship it back to me.
    #1- Why should i have to pay shipping on a product they deem defective?
    #2- What happened to the NO BS WARRANTY?

Two days later i purchased a 650 quick change kit. Couldn’t get my dies to thread in their tool head. Sent them a picture of the heavy shavings from the 7/8-14 Tap I purchased. Emailed everything and pretty much NO Response!

WTF???
    Any of you all have this issue or am i just having bad luck?

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    ive been loading on the same SDB for 25 years. ive never had a problem with their NO BS warranty. the only thing the wouldnt replace was a low primer alarm that had stopped working.
    they replaced parts after my press fell off the bench while i was mounting it..
    they replaced a 25 year old d terminator electronic scale
    they sent out replacement parts for obviously worn out parts...

the ONLY thing i can complain about is they use the slowest/cheapest method of shipping replacement parts.
    i shouldnt complain, afterall they are replacing worn out, non defective parts.

10's of 1000's of rounds over the years, stuff wears out
    :cheers:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I bought a late 80's sdb from a guy at work and was able to send it in. They rebuilt cleaned and lubed the whole press for cost of shipping there.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I understand where you are coming from. But, I do factory warranty service for a worldwide company and I can tell you everyone tries to get non-warranty stuff done free as warranty. From having rodents chewing things, not servicing it properly, to not knowing how to operate it all get claimed as warranty problems when they're not. So, many companies want to have a factory trained tech inspect the item before deciding if it should be a warranty issue or not. Dillion isn't out to put the hurting on your wallet, but they do need to weed out customer caused issues from true manufacturing defects.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    You need to give them time to respond

it took 2 or 3 business days before i got an email response from dillon, and 7 days after that before my parts arrived.
    i just received my parts from dillon this morning via USPS, they sent more parts than i originally requested :yesway:

personally i'd rather wait a couple extra days getting a response from someone that actually knows what they are talking about ,rather than an immediate response from someone who doesnt have a clue. ive emailed them in the past with a problem, theyve always been more than helpful.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I understand where you are coming from. But, I do factory warranty service for a worldwide company and I can tell you everyone tries to get non-warranty stuff done free as warranty. From having rodents chewing things, not servicing it properly, to not knowing how to operate it all get claimed as warranty problems when they're not. So, many companies want to have a factory trained tech inspect the item before deciding if it should be a warranty issue or not. Dillion isn't out to put the hurting on your wallet, but they do need to weed out customer caused issues from true manufacturing defects.

FWIW dillon replaced parts that i broke when my press fell off the bench and onto the concrete floor. i was more than prepared to pay for the broken parts, but everything was replaced free of charge.

i understand where you are coming from as far as defective parts/vs customer abuse/negligence . i deal with it every day at work.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I am normally not a complainer. I purchased the case feeder 4 months ago brand new. Like I stated, I have ALWAYS had great customer service until recently. Might just be a fluke but as loyal of a customer as I have been, just feel a little butt hurt. Dillon customer service (via telephone), has always been great for me. Maybe i just caught them on an off day, 2 different times in one week.
    I still HIGHLY recommend Dillon product. I will get it sorted out eventually.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The only time I have used their customer service was a year or so ago when I had a low primer alarm go bad from leaving a battery in there for a while. I didn't see corrosion, but I am sure that was the case. I called and asked if they would sell me just the warning part and not the follower, and they just asked for my address stating they would send me a new one for free. Not sure why they did it, but it was awfully nice!

nate1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2018
    Fortville
    have never had and issue with dillon, I sent in a 20 plus year old 550 and they sent me pretty much a brand new one. yes had to pay shipping there but they covered return shipping. No complaints at all. have a 650 as well. both top notch.

indydave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    camby
    When Mike ran it. The warranty was great. Now that the son runs it forget the old no bs warranty.
    And I have a 4 digit customer number. I drank the blue koolaide. Like I said something goes wrong
    They want you to pay to send it in. Mike was AWESOME sent out parts and called to see if you got them
    Damn shame

indydave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    camby
    To put In perspective,
    I had a 550 AND bought a new 650 with case feeder. BigTumbler, over a dozen 650 toolheads with powder measures. 20 plus sets of dillon dies and a media separator. Had something break......have to send it in
    Then told me it was my fault.....Had 15 plus years on it....would not warranty.....too interested in trying to sell me a 1050 or buy a new 650......

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    No problem here so far. A few months ago my 15 year old 550B needed a new lower crank and without question they had it in the mail and I recieved it 3 days after the conversation.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've had trouble reaching service several times and on some small parts it was just easier to buy them instead of waiting for their slow service

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I haven't had issues with them, I did however talk to a guy that was a complete know it all. Told me I should just scrap my "junk lake city military brass" & get commercial brass, in retrospect I should have politely hung up, waited 4 minutes & called back to get someone else.

Top Bottom