• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So I'm thinking of getting a progressive press. Was leaning toward 1050 but now I'm kinda thinking the mark 7 evolution. Anyone have one of theses. Can you run it with no electricity? As in no sensors or bullet feeder, case feeders that are electric. Just gravity fed.

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    I have a manual EVO. It's a solid built unit. Once I got all of the bugs worked out, it runs well. However, there were a lot of bugs to address. I think part of it is the fact I got an early version. So now they may have updated some stuff. (I will say the bugs were all minor fixes or mainly adjustments).

Now to answer your question about no electricity. Yes it will run with no electricity. However the bullet and case collator needs electricity. So you will manually need to feed the case and bullet tubes. If you run it manually, you do not need any sensors

The EVO is designed for automation, that's were is rises above the less expensive presses. IMO if you do not have electricity, you would be better off with a dillon's 650 or my preference a Hornady LNL. If you planned on automation down the road, then yes I would say it is worth investing in. I do believe it is a better press than the 1050.

Here is a link to enos forum. The EVO has been discussed extensively! https://forums.brianenos.com/forum/76-non-dillon-reloading-equipment/

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    No electricity is a problem for any progressive with a casefeeder or sensors. If the no electricity is a permanent situation I would consider a 550 with a DAA mini bullet feeder and their Case feeder that is coming out this spring no power required.
    If you are looking at high dollar press's and need power you might look at a small generator to power everything?

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Thanks. I was planning on getting a 1050 no extras and adding a mini bullet feeder/case and then adding automation slowly. But it seemed this mark 7 only sold with a case feeder so wanted to make sure I can take it off. The powder feeder looks to be optional as far as manual or auto. Stymie which powder feeder do you use and do you like it. I've been looking at every video can find of this and most are just showing it run with no in depth. Also I kinda wanted to see about the one pass rifle set up do u do that? Was wondering about burrs and lube in particular. Any issue in those regards. Thanks also any way we can get some pics or videos of your set up? I've been on that brianenos reading till my eyes hurt lol.

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    I have the manual powder measure. Mark 7 has had my measure since November. They are waiting on new designed linkage to be produced. There was a flaw with the original linkage causing horrible consistancy with throw weights (variation of .4gr). I'm confident that they will get this addressed. Since I have a hornady lnl measure and it works with the EVO. I told Mark 7 to keep my measure until it's fixed properly. Btw my hornady throws .04gr on my gem pro 250 scale. So the M7 was 10 times worse. So to answer your question, so far I do not like the M7 measure. I think once they get it fixed, it will be just as good as the hornady (which I really like). I dont see any advantage of the powered measure over the case activated.

My Evo is setup for 9mm. So I dont have any experience with one pass rifle. I do use it for one pass 9mm.
    Here is my order of dies:
    S1-case feed
    S2-deprime die
    S3-size die/primer swage
    S4-sizer die (lee U die)/priming
    S5-expander
    S6-powder drop
    S7-rcbs lockout die
    S8-bullet feed
    S9-buller seat
    S10-crimp

I use brass juice case lube and the press works very well. I think it is possible to do rifle in one pass but you will need the M7 optional extra guide pin and find the correct lube.

Here is some pics.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/108994-reloading-room-pics-18.html

Top Bottom