• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Has anyone used Nosler rifle brass? And how does it compare to other brands? I'm looking to reload wilcats based on the 222 Magnum, Midway is out of Rem brass.

I went to the Nosler website & they don't even list it. All their other brass is at least a dollar apiece, a bit pricey I thought. Is it good stuff??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I think Nosler has discontinued the 222 Magnum. Starline doesn't make it. You'll probably have to scour the auction websites to find some second hand. I can check with a friend down in Bloomington this weekend, he might have some but I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    My original post was poorly worded.

I see vendors with Nosler 222 Mag brass at what appears to be huge discount, perhaps because Nosler has discontinued it. The Remington brass is seasonal & largely out of stock.

I always thought Nosler was pricey, somewhat due to their proprietary calibers, or because their target customer was a guy on a $6000 elk or sheep hunt and ammo was the least of his expenses.

Thanks for the input, looks like I'll get the Nosler, in part cuz it's available.

drm-hp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Nosler brass is good stuff. If you move it a lot prior to the first firing, annealing prior to the second firing will prolong useful case life.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Nosler brass is good stuff. If you move it a lot prior to the first firing, annealing prior to the second firing will prolong useful case life.

I'm just necking up to either 6mm or 7mm, depending on which rifle I'm working with. My old 6x47 brass is probably 30 years old, and I'm just replacing as needed.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Nosler is probably the best quality of new 222 mag brass, that your going to find, unless Norma is making it. And if they are it will be salty.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Who makes Nosler brass? At one time, Winchester had the contract. Winter before last I bought 1500 pcs. of .223 brass from the Brassman at 7¢ per piece, delivered. It was once fired Remington, and I spent the entire winter working it all up to my specs. I kept track of throwaways and out of 1500 ordered, which turned out to be 1540 pieces delivered, I ****-canned 15 pieces. Too wet, cold, and windy during that time of the year for trips to the range, kept me off the streets and out of trouble.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom