• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    1. Is CCI 5200 115 grain the same round as Blazer Brass 115 grain? When I google CCI 5200 I keep getting Blazer Brass reviews.

2. Does anyone shoot Blazer Brass? I remember when I first started shooting a buddy told me that Blazer Brass is an extremely dirty round, so I’ve stayed away from it.

I’m asking because I’m thinking about buying 1,000 rounds of CCI 5200 115 grain from Palmetto that’s on sale right now.

Thanks in advance! (also, I looked up Blazer Brass on this site and they are pretty much all old threads)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yup. Cci blazer is good to go. 1000s of rounds with zero issues and if you reload, the brass is good to go for that also

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've bought a few cases of Blazer Brass over the past 2 yrs.: works great for me.
    I have some left from my last case to finish off that I used last week twice.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have noticed that it is a little hotter and cleaner than WWB (Winchester White Box).
    Given a choice between those two, I would take the BB every time.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I am ordering a case of the Fiocchi to test it out. It is even a bit cheaper. Don't recall shooting enough of it to get an opinion.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Have shot many boxes of Blazer Brass and would not hesitate to shoot more in 9mm.

They use a slower burning powder than many others so the recoil's a little less sharp. If shooting short barrelled guns there'll be some flash. Not a problem, just an observation. I've shot cleaner and dirtier ammo so I guess I'd call it about average there.

My Para doesn't care for Blazer Brass .45 though. I cut the groups in about 1/4 going from blazer to PPU.

No idea if BB is the same as CCI 5200.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have noticed that it is a little hotter and cleaner than WWB (Winchester White Box).
    Given a choice between those two, I would take the BB every time.

Very much this. BB>WWB and not by a little.

That said, I can get GECO from my local RK for a good price and I like it even better than both WWB and BB.

allthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2019
    NW, IN
    I am ordering a case of the Fiocchi to test it out. It is even a bit cheaper. Don't recall shooting enough of it to get an opinion.

I bought a case and no problem, was going to buy the Blazer but didn't want to mess with the rebate. Shipping was pretty fast, never had a problem with PSA.

Top Bottom