• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greffy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2019
    Los Angeles County
    Might be a good thread for speaking about how the Lee bullet feeder system works overall. I mean I'd like to hear reports of how well they work on the Lee platforms too.
    Thanks, Greffy

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I run a Loadmaster so I don’t have any input on how it would work with a Dillon but I can give you some info on my experience with the Lee...
    I built an electric case and bullet feeder for my Loadmaster over the winter. The case and bullet feeder work pretty well considering my workbench engineering.
    I load primarily .40 cal 180 grain blue bullets to support my uspsa habits.
    I had issues with the feeder fingers holding these somewhat heavy, slippery bullets. Even with a fair amount of tinkering 1 out of 10 or more would drop out of the fingers before seating on the case. So I ended up using part of the feeder assembly in a manual operation (the close up pic) as clearing the dropped bullet took more time than seating it by hand.
    In all fairness I did have some vibration induced by the case feeder slider that was probably the root cause of the bullet slipping from the feeder fingers. The case feeder and ‘ramp’ were dirty causing some stuttering in the carrier.
    I may try the feeder again but the setup I have now is fast and foolproof. The bullets are delivered right side up and close to the press and I place them with my left hand after visually checking the powder charge.
    Its been said a thousand times if you don’t mind tinkering with Lee products some during set up and use they’re a good value.
    AA90DAD7-7AFC-4218-A0F0-604547C2FA0B.jpg 2B6E1A0A-247F-45EC-BAE4-5A45760787A8.jpg
    Sorry about the sideways pics, I don’t know how to turn them and didn’t care for imagur or whatever it is

doddsracing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Norman,IN
    I like your collator set up .
    Wandered about the feed fingers doing there job ?
    I take that the Lyman bullet feeder die is a better way to go if you have room for it.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m guessing a lighter weight and less slippery bullet (plated or jacketed) would work better. They’re pretty damn cheap so it wouldn’t be a terrible loss if it didn’t work out.
    Since I got my chattering/vibration issue taken care of I might give it another shot on a rainy day.

Top Bottom