Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Shooting tiny groups is fun, but I enjoy killing lollipops as much as anything else and I can usually do that pretty consistently at 50 yards with CCI SV. I've shot some nice quarter inch groups with CCI SV and other inexpensive brands, but will admit that the high priced match ammo is certainly more consistent.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Next time we go shooting I'll bring you some of the "Special mod" rounds like I made for Cappy Well, that and a box of Eley target for you to try.

User Info Menu

interesting comparasion of 55 different 22lr match loads at 50, 75 and 100 yards. all shot indoors. Wish I had that kind of time and money.

https://www.accurateshooter.com/guns...mparison-test/
    A CLEAR CONSCIENCE IS USUALLY THE SIGN OF A SELECTIVE MEMORY.

Hop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rala View Post
    interesting comparasion of 55 different 22lr match loads at 50, 75 and 100 yards. all shot indoors. Wish I had that kind of time and money.

https://www.accurateshooter.com/guns...mparison-test/
    All that ammo tested and several of the ones I shoot are not listed. Damnit!

Expert

User Info Menu

Mine loves PMC zapper

Plinker

User Info Menu

I also notice that nobody suggest shooting the different loads blindly. What I mean is load up 5 mags with 5 different brands, label the bottoms and randomly shoot each one without looking to see which one it is yet. I think sometimes it gets into people heads that one Ammo should shoot better through their gun so they try a little harder to make a better shot just to prove somebody wrong. True testing is not knowing what you have and consistently shooting every load with same attitude.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccarver497 View Post
    I also notice that nobody suggest shooting the different loads blindly. What I mean is load up 5 mags with 5 different brands, label the bottoms and randomly shoot each one without looking to see which one it is yet. I think sometimes it gets into people heads that one Ammo should shoot better through their gun so they try a little harder to make a better shot just to prove somebody wrong. True testing is not knowing what you have and consistently shooting every load with same attitude.
    I like that idea. May try that next time out. I only have three mags so I can only compare three different loads.

Matt

Expert

User Info Menu

The only catch is that you should be putting a couple of mags through with each ammo change before judging the groups. The barrel needs "seasoned" with each different ammo's lube, etc. before it can show the rounds actual accuracy.

User Info Menu

Does anyone have feedback on Aguila standard velocity. 22 ammo?
    Does it compare with CCI SV?
    You can make excuses or you can make ready.

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BillD View Post
    Does anyone have feedback on Aguila standard velocity. 22 ammo?
    Does it compare with CCI SV?
    In my two bolt action .22's, it performs below CCI SV.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast