• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Stopped by the Kokomo gun show today and picked up pound of ultimate pistol by Lovex. The guy at the booth said it’s comparable to Universal but cleaner. Has anyone used it for 9mm and have an opinion on it?

ruger333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    $20. The universal that was there was $27. If it comparable, I thought I might stop tomorrow and get a couple more

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If you're talking about the Shooters World powders, i have had real good results with both the tactical and match rifle powders they have. Have had no experience with their pistol powders as of yet but have no reason to believe it wouldn't be good to go

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Stopped by the Kokomo gun show today and picked up pound of ultimate pistol by Lovex. The guy at the booth said it’s comparable to Universal but cleaner. Has anyone used it for 9mm and have an opinion on it?

did they have any American Made powder?

ruger333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    That’s a valid point trapper. I didn’t even look to see where it’s made and should. If you want things made in America you have to buy made in America. Do you have a recommendation for US made pistol powder?

ruger333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Due to Trapper Johns reply, I had to do some research on where different Powder’s are made. Looks like depending on the powder type of where it is manufactured. I will look into Alliant or Accurate. Point taken... thanks trapper

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Due to Trapper Johns reply, I had to do some research on where different Powder’s are made. Looks like depending on the powder type of where it is manufactured. I will look into Alliant or Accurate. Point taken... thanks trapper

Winchester, Hodgen and IMR not made in USA?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Alliant, Accurate, and Hodgdon/Winchester/IMR all have some foreign made powders in their product lines. The people that run those companies have no trouble buying foreign powder, marking it up, and selling it to you. They will buy whatever powder is cheapest if it meets their performance specs for a particular product. For example, I have two cans of Accurate #2 that I'm loading with right now. One says Made in Israel and the other says Made in the Czech Republic.

Bottom line - there is simply nothing wrong with cutting out the middleman and buying the various foreign branded powders. ruger333, I would recommend that you try that pound of Lovex that you bought and see if you like it. If you do, you can save yourself quite a bit of money - it's better in your pocket than the middleman's. :cool:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    That’s a valid point trapper. I didn’t even look to see where it’s made and should. If you want things made in America you have to buy made in America. Do you have a recommendation for US made pistol powder?
    Ammoman Aaron has some valid points most of the distributors that handle powder do have some foreign powders in their product line but I prefer to support American Products and have yet to see the cost or quality any better controlled than right here in the USA. When I am exploding bombs at 60k PSI 3 inches from my brain I don’t take shortcuts.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If OP is indeed talking about Shooters World powder, which is what i have purchased in the past at my local gun show, and is a Lovex powder, here's a link to their website.

I have had zero issues with their powder and is actually very accurate(the 2 different powders ive used)

https://shootersworldpowder.com/about/

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I have 8lbs of their Heavy Pistol I'm gonna use in the 44mag. Their load data shows a fairly wide velocity range so I'm hoping it works out. Brownells has it on sale for 15 bucks a pound.....

Top Bottom