Lee pro auto disk users, a little help please?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Long story short, I've discovered with larger size disk holes, the units (I have multiple) do not bring the disk forward far enough to not leave a shelf with the larger disk holes no matter how far down I thread the die in and no matter if I use the riser or not. All three units seem to stop at exactly the same place.

Can anyone with a unit confirm this is normal operation or not? It sure does explain why my 9mm with smaller hole is awesome, and why my 44 is not usable!

414261898.jpg

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    This has beem confirmed not normal. Was suggested I look for wear on the part of the actuator that makes contact with the arm. There was a small amount. Swapped in a new swivel adapter and all is good!
    If ur geting inconsistent throws, make sure ur disk is going all tje way forward!

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    Several years back, I took a small round file and removed enough metal to eliminate that "shelf". I haven't had any problems since.

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    All my disks work perfectly. It's the ACB that is a waste of money unless set nearly wide open, and even then it is inconsistent. At small setting, the cavity doesn't even reach the powder dispenser hole. Only Lee product that I found to be a waste of time and money. Dillon makes a much better ACB for their licensed "copy" of the Lee.
    One must watch their powder measure for bent/broken parts and ensure that all charges are consistent.

Top Bottom