Join INGunOwners For Free
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Grandmaster Kirk Freeman's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Federal .22lr BYOB, Bucket of 1,375 Cartridges

    For your weekend plinking needs, Federal releases bucket of .22lr (bottles of 450 rounds are also listed):




    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/.../federal-byob/



    A Sigma and a SIGma male

  2. #2
    Master Sniper 79's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Good way to stock up for the next panic sales.
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

  3. #3
    Grandmaster SmileDocHill's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    It's been a while since I've bought 22 in bulk. Is $.06 a round a good deal now?
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

  4. #4
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    If you're buying in bulk, probably not. It depends on the brand. I bought 5000 rounds of armscor this spring for less than 3.4 cents per round, even with shipping. Just checked and that is still available. I'll PM you the link.
    Dave

  5. #5
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    It is odd for them to act like this is new. I have a round bucket of these I bought a couple of years ago from Academy. It goes bang every time in my Mark IV. I guess the quantity is slightly different 1100....the price is also a hair better at 4.5 cpr. I bought mine during the spring sale for stupid cheap.

    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/fed...ire-ammunition

  6. #6
    Grandmaster SmileDocHill's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by dvd1955 View Post
    If you're buying in bulk, probably not. It depends on the brand. I bought 5000 rounds of armscor this spring for less than 3.4 cents per round, even with shipping. Just checked and that is still available. I'll PM you the link.
    Got it, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by dung View Post
    It is odd for them to act like this is new. I have a round bucket of these I bought a couple of years ago from Academy. It goes bang every time in my Mark IV. I guess the quantity is slightly different 1100....the price is also a hair better at 4.5 cpr. I bought mine during the spring sale for stupid cheap.

    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/fed...ire-ammunition
    yeah, I went to the link with the same thought. This isn't anything new. I think the article even said that it isn't a new concept, it is more than it has always been unreliable, ammo brands that did it in the past and they were saying "finally, an ammo I would actually like to buy that is doing this." Or at least that is what I got from it.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

  7. #7
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    Got it, thanks.



    yeah, I went to the link with the same thought. This isn't anything new. I think the article even said that it isn't a new concept, it is more than it has always been unreliable, ammo brands that did it in the past and they were saying "finally, an ammo I would actually like to buy that is doing this." Or at least that is what I got from it.
    Most 22 seems about the same, cheap or expensive, doesn’t matter, 1 or 2 failures every range session, under charged, over charged failure to ignite, etc.

    wasn’t a big part of why centerfire came around because rimfire had issues with reliability? Things never change

  8. #8
    Expert venenoindy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    It's been a while since I've bought 22 in bulk. Is $.06 a round a good deal now?
    I just purchased high quality bulk .22LR for $.04 per round shipped.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge