• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I own both a Dillon 550 and 650. I doubt at this stage of the game, I'll add a 750, but it does look interesting. They replaced the merry go round primer system in favor of a straight one, similar to the 550. They also have an updated casefeeder. I never had any problem with my 650 case feeder, so I don't know if the new one really improves upon it. I do hope that the new XL 750 operates smoother than the 650 I have. When a case is fed there is a definite jerk. This doesn't affect loading low volume powders, like Bullseye in a .45 ACP case, but with powders that nearly fill the case, i.e. 9mm, it is a problem. I've tried all the usual "fixes" to get the 650 to smooth out, but this still remains. Anyway, here is a preview of the new Dillon XL 750 reloader: https://www.dillonprecision.com/xl750-reloader_8_1_26745.html

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I own both a Dillon 550 and 650. I doubt at this stage of the game, I'll add a 750, but it does look interesting. They replaced the merry go round primer system in favor of a straight one, similar to the 550. They also have an updated casefeeder. I never had any problem with my 650 case feeder, so I don't know if the new one really improves upon it. I do hope that the new XL 750 operates smoother than the 650 I have. When a case is fed there is a definite jerk. This doesn't affect loading low volume powders, like Bullseye in a .45 ACP case, but with powders that nearly fill the case, i.e. 9mm, it is a problem. I've tried all the usual "fixes" to get the 650 to smooth out, but this still remains. Anyway, here is a preview of the new Dillon XL 750 reloader: https://www.dillonprecision.com/xl750-reloader_8_1_26745.html

Know what you mean. Just recently sold 3 of my 650's and 4 older 550's and replaced them all with just 3 550C's and a RockChucker. The little bit of rounds per hour that I gave up is worth the smoother manual indexing control I get with my 550C's. I get to slow down by having to touch each case for station 1 entry, can see the down into the case better after charging with powder and have more control over bullet seating and crimping as I can stop anytime without dumping an uncrimped round into my bin. More room on bench. Case feeder more trouble than they are worth. Just me. Just better.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Know what you mean. Just recently sold 3 of my 650's and 4 older 550's and replaced them all with just 3 550C's and a RockChucker. The little bit of rounds per hour that I gave up is worth the smoother manual indexing control I get with my 550C's. I get to slow down by having to touch each case for station 1 entry, can see the down into the case better after charging with powder and have more control over bullet seating and crimping as I can stop anytime without dumping an uncrimped round into my bin. More room on bench. Case feeder more trouble than they are worth. Just me. Just better.

:yesway:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    A buddy of mine is looking at buying a Dillon. He was deciding between the 550 or 650. The 650 isn't even listed on the Dillon site anymore.
    I see the caliber conversions are interchangeable between the 650 / 750 as are most of the accessories.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    A buddy of mine is looking at buying a Dillon. He was deciding between the 550 or 650. The 650 isn't even listed on the Dillon site anymore.
    I see the caliber conversions are interchangeable between the 650 / 750 as are most of the accessories.
    I just got my Blue Press today and noticed that they are selling the 750 primer system. I wonder if they'll have a upgrade conversion kit to change from a 650 to 750 like they do for the 450 to 550? That might be interesting, if so.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    It looks like most stuff is interchangeable between the 2. About the only difference I've seen is the primer system. I think the case feeder is different also.
    My buddy is loading on a Lee turrent atm, I think he would be better served with the 550. Low count reloader with just a couple of calibers

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It looks like most stuff is interchangeable between the 2. About the only difference I've seen is the primer system. I think the case feeder is different also.
    My buddy is loading on a Lee turrent atm, I think he would be better served with the 550. Low count reloader with just a couple of calibers
    Dillon says that the 750 is much smoother in operation. If they've figured out how to keep the press from causing full 9mm cases to lose powder, I'd go that route. The older I get, and I'm old as dirt now, the less time I like spending loading hundreds of the same rounds. The 550 is good, but the 650 is faster and easier to operate for me. That being said, I shoot more 9mm than anything else the last few years and I load them on a 550.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    We have 2 550's and a 650 and I do most of my loading on the 550. For my buddy and the experience and amount he does, I think the 550 would be the best fit

Top Bottom