• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    So I am not sure this should go here, in the Breakroom, or under the political section. Please feel free to move if it should be elsewhere.

So I got this email from GT Bullets yesterday about a $10.00 off sale and am trying to figure out if their site got hacked by anti-2A group or if they just didn't really think about it before sending it out?

I am not sure why in these current times a company would open themselves up to the :poop: storm a "Back to school" bullet sale could cause them?

Am I reading more into this?
    Should I take off my tinfoil hat?
    Or should their marketing dept. be fired?
    Or should I delete the post since not ALL members of INGO are 2A friendly and work for the other side and I don't want to help their case.
    Thoughts?

iECAu4J.png

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Why is it a bad thing?

I took my son out target shooting on Wednesday evening to celebrate his first day as a 3rd grader. He was a happy boy.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Given the current political climate and recent actions of the armed and deranged, use of the words “school
    starting” and “hunting season” in the same sentence to market ammunition is probably not a prudent decision.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Nothing wrong with this, except like mentioned above... terrible timing. Today's political climate and our fight for hearts and minds means we have to think about things like this, before they go public.

Doesn't bother me, but it will bother many... not smart

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Well at least I wasn't the only one that thought this was a poor choice...

I personally have no problem with it but as I stated the timing and message was not done correctly!

One would think that someone "in the business" would understand that more that anyone.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When my daughter was younger in California her teacher carried. Her principal carried. Even the janitor and the kitchen staff carried. For 6th period she had target class in the back of the school at least twice a week. She was even allowed to keep her guns inside the classroom throughout the year. They also taught her how to properly clean and store her guns.

Guns belong in school. Guns have always belonged in school.

As per the sale..... Why should a store ever need explain their reason for having a sale? :dunno:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Meh. I'm not upset about it, so I'm not going to make it an issue.

There's plenty of Memorial Day sales that have nothing to do with that.

Some adults do go back to school, so...

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Are GT bullets good hard cast bullets? No leading problems? Handgun wise.

I picked up an order for a pet load test on a 45 LC rifle. The lead was super soft, I could scratch it off with my thumb nail and leaded the crap out of what I was using it in...this was my first time using them and my first time with uncoated bullets but I was not impressed...just my :twocents:

I was pushing them around 1,090fps so I am not sure if it was a speed issue but they just felt REALLY soft.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I picked up an order for a pet load test on a 45 LC rifle. The lead was super soft, I could scratch it off with my thumb nail and leaded the crap out of what I was using it in...this was my first time using them and my first time with uncoated bullets but I was not impressed...just my :twocents:

I was pushing them around 1,090fps so I am not sure if it was a speed issue but they just felt REALLY soft.

I was wondering. 92-6-2 is good all around imo. I've never had a problem pushing ACME coated bullets over 1500 fps with that mixture. I seen GT's mixture was 96-2-2. So was wondering if it might be soft. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll stick with ACME.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I was wondering. 92-6-2 is good all around imo. I've never had a problem pushing ACME coated bullets over 1500 fps with that mixture. I seen GT's mixture was 96-2-2. So was wondering if it might be soft. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll stick with ACME.

The thing I liked about them they offered a huge selection of cast hollow points which can be hard to find.

I have kept some of them, boiled them to clean off the lube/wax. Thinking one day I might get around to powder coating them and see how they do?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The thing I liked about them they offered a huge selection of cast hollow points which can be hard to find.

I have kept some of them, boiled them to clean off the lube/wax. Thinking one day I might get around to powder coating them and see how they do?

What became of the molybdenum-disulfide- coated bullets? I use to use it for my hard cast bullets.

Top Bottom