Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Question Alternatives to Walmart for Ammo Purchases

(I apologize if this is a duplicate...I promise I searched before creating the thread)

Like many, I purchased a ton of ammo at Walmart over the years. Also like many, I'm disgruntled that they are discontinuing the sale of all the "fun stuff." While part of me felt like a traitor, I hit them up tonight for what will likely be my last purchases of the sort from that retailer. Barring ordering from an online retailer, no one can beat Walmart's prices. As much as I want to only buy from local gun shops, I'm always looking for the best possible deal. I won't do business with Dick's.

Other than Rural King, what other retailers are good options? Since the demand for cheap ammo isn't disappearing, who do you think will capitalize off Walmart's voluntary loss of market share?
    I AM the MILITIA!

User Info Menu

Any man can make mistakes but only and idiot persists in his error.. Cicero 200 BC

User Info Menu

Alternatives? The entire internet.
    Justin B. - "Make them watch Wonder Woman. They'll molon labe after that!"

Plinker

User Info Menu

I do most of my shopping online for ammo, since I can by in bulk, but I also buy at rural king or at one of my local gun shops, American Arms or Leathers Limited. It all depends on what kinda deal I can find. Good online ones are gonna be Bulkammo.com, TargetSportsUSA, LuckyGunner and a few others. Just shop around and I'm sure you'll find something you'll like.

User Info Menu

If there is an Academy nearby they tend to have some good sales from time to time and also have a good selection of decent to great ammo.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PńńLLE

User Info Menu

When I buy online it is from SGAmmo. People also mentioned TargetSports and LuckyGunner.

What is wrong with the local gun shop? Seriously guys? I help my friend part time at his gun shop and he is a good dude, goes to church, has two kids, supports local schools and the gun club. He sells 9mm for $10 a box just like WalMart. Letís say it is a buck more a box, not like that will break up 99% of people buying ammo. Most people consider 500 rounds to be A LOT. Itís like driving all over town or waiting in a 15 minute line to save 3 cents on a gallon of gas, my time and convenience is worth more then saving $0.40 on a fillup.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

User Info Menu

I have found that leading up to certain days such as Veterans Day there are some decent sales on bulk ammo all over the internet.
    My only issue with online purchases is having that ammo sit on my front porch all day while I'm at work.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    When I buy online it is from SGAmmo. People also mentioned TargetSports and LuckyGunner.

What is wrong with the local gun shop? Seriously guys? I help my friend part time at his gun shop and he is a good dude, goes to church, has two kids, supports local schools and the gun club. He sells 9mm for $10 a box just like WalMart. Let’s say it is a buck more a box, not like that will break up 99% of people buying ammo. Most people consider 500 rounds to be A LOT. It’s like driving all over town or waiting in a 15 minute line to save 3 cents on a gallon of gas, my time and convenience is worth more then saving $0.40 on a fillup.
    Vert you just won the most solid post of the day. The mind set of saving a nickel here and a dollar there might add up for some people and no knock but man what is your time/gas/patience worth to you.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

What is wrong with the local gun shop? Seriously guys? I help my friend part time at his gun shop and he is a good dude, goes to church, has two kids, supports local schools and the gun club. He sells 9mm for $10 a box just like WalMart. Letís say it is a buck more a box, not like that will break up 99% of people buying ammo. Most people consider 500 rounds to be A LOT. Itís like driving all over town or waiting in a 15 minute line to save 3 cents on a gallon of gas, my time and convenience is worth more then saving $0.40 on a fillup.
    Personally, itís because my previously preferred LGS is brutal on ammo. Last I looked they were 15-20% more per box of 9, worse on other calibers. Itís been awhile so itís possible prices have come down, but knowing the management I feel safe assuming they havenít.

The TargetSport Prime membership is worth it for me. 8% off the listed price and free shipping. $100 for the membership and Iíve saved $150-$175 this year.
    ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

User Info Menu

Yep. Bobcat Armament gets all my ammo biz. Whether custom loads or components. Only exception is carry ammo. But we're talking plinking ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast