Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Post Anyone reloading for 350 Legend?

Just wondering if anyone is reloading the 350 Legend. What bullets are you using? Pros and cons?

CJP
    Plinker

User Info Menu

I bought 4 different powders to try in my CVA Scout. They are Hodgdon H110 and Lil-Gun, Alliant Power Pistol 300 MP and AA1680. I'm using Rem 7-1/2 primers and Winchester brass. I chose the Hornady 170 gr SP IL bullets to reload. I contacted Hornady and they said the top end for that bullet is 2400 FPS. I loaded rounds with all four powders to find out the loads that got me closest to 2400 FPS. I then loaded down 1/2 grain at a time until I had six strings of 4 rounds with each powder. I did this to chrono and group test at 100 yds the 96 rounds out of the 100 pieces of new brass. The weather needs to warm up significantly before I can do the chrono and group tests.

User Info Menu

Barnes make anything for it yet? Have not looked.
    If so.....max V?

CJP
    Plinker

User Info Menu

My buddy was online with some guy from MI and he has been loading Barnes 357 XPB bullets for his 350 Legend. I might have to buy a box to see how they work in my CVA Scout rifle. I was told by my buddy that the fellow that he was talking to was shooting 200 yds plus with the Barnes 140 gr 357 XPB.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thinking this will be my next build. Really would like 1680 loads to work out as that's the same powder I load for my AK....Yes, really, someone loads for AK

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=guinnb;8163674....Yes, really, someone loads for AK [/QUOTE]

I reload for AK (x39) also, but I load tracers almost exclusively

"2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."