Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

wolf polyformance 7.62 hp

anyone used this in an AR platform? I've read it works in AK well but can get hung up in the chamber in the AR.

User Info Menu

I haven't heard of any problems with 7.62x39 in ARs. 223 on the other hand...
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

User Info Menu

I have not had any problems with Wolf HP 7.62x39 in my AR. My guess would be cheap, or malfunctioning mags are causing problems for those other people.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    I have not had any problems with Wolf HP 7.62x39 in my AR. My guess would be cheap, or malfunctioning mags are causing problems for those other people.
    ^This right here.
    7.62x39 is one of those rounds that really need the proper dedicated magazines.
    CProducts sells some that function great in mine.
    Look for the 7.62 markings on the followers.
    The 30 round mags will have a much more pronounced curvature to them than any other AR mag.

I have used the Wolf HP, and it functions fine, at least through those mags.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Plinker

User Info Menu

an update here:
    pulled the plug on 1000 round HP 123 Gr and I'm glad I did. Using the CDef mags I had no feeding issues. Sometimes the first round was a little slow to feed from the mag, but otherwise no issues.
    Was only using a four power scope, but (as best as I could see) shot 2 3 round groups that were right on top of each other. Prob 1-2 inches in size. For 18 cents a round, can't beat that.
    This set up will be my back up, back up deer rifle this season.

User Info Menu

On Youtube I believe there are some people that tested if these HP expand and IIRC they did well.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.