• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    I've been reloading 45-70 Gov't for quite a while (Cast w/Lube & Jacketed). Shoot em thru Ruger #3, Browning B78 & Remington Rolling Block. I've decided to try Powder Coated Cast Boolits. Just bought some 500 G from ACME (NOT the place Wile-E-Coyote gets his stuff). Looking for suggestions on Powders & Quantities. Don't wanna use Black Powder. Like to stay around 1200 FPS. Thanks for any & all Advice!

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Thanks again for info provided. Now the concern loading these 500g "Logs" is Seating Depth. They are Flat Nose & in order to get the OAL down to 2.540-2.550, I have to seat them Real Deep. Bottom of the Boolit goes in, all the way Past the "ring" on Winchester Brass. Wondering about Internal Pressures when I set these things off. Any thoughts?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Thanks again for info provided. Now the concern loading these 500g "Logs" is Seating Depth. They are Flat Nose & in order to get the OAL down to 2.540-2.550, I have to seat them Real Deep. Bottom of the Boolit goes in, all the way Past the "ring" on Winchester Brass. Wondering about Internal Pressures when I set these things off. Any thoughts?

depends on gun.

dennismassie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    West Lafayette
    Can't speak to the first 2 guns, but I had a Pedersoli rolling block that shot the 500 grain bullets well. I took an empty case and pushed a boolit into the mouth, then chambered the cartridge. That gave me the seating depth. 42-43 grains of 3031 shot very well out of that gun.

Top Bottom